The Parents (Part Two)

Scott hopped out of the car and Vincent followed him.

"Okay. You follow behind me, just in case my parents freak out," Scott said.

Vincent laughed, "You parents aren't going to freak out."

"Wanna bet?" Scott mumbled. Then he opened the door and walked through.

Vincent stepped inside after Scott, looking around with great interest. The flyscreen door swung shut with a hiss. On the walls were photos of Scott and Linda. Aw, he's even cuter as a little kid.

"Scott!"

Vincent looked, frowning. That voice was oddly familiar, and it soon became apparent why.

"Uncle Will?" Scott asked, looking mortified, "What're you doing here?"

"Well, it's a family get-together. Your parents figured it'd be nice for me to catch up with your parents and Linda at the same time. Good to see you outside of work!" 'Uncle Will' pulled Scott into a hug.

Huh. He sure as hell is different when he's not at Freddy's.

Will looked up, and saw Vincent. He let go of Scott instantly, "Vincent?"

"Hey Mr. William," Vincent grinned, holding out his arms, "Do I get a hug, too?"

"Don't push it, Bishop," William folded his arms, "That's Boss to you."

"Sir, yes, sir."

"Are Mom and Dad at home?" Scott asked cautiously.

"No, not for a while. They're getting last minute snacks. Why? And what's Vincent doing here?" Boss frowned suspiciously.

"Well..." Scott sighed, "I'm gonna drop the big bombshell on them today. Y'know... 'Hey Mom, hey Dad, I got drunk one night and kissed a guy and it felt amazing'..." He laughed half-heartedly.

"If you break into 'I Kissed A Boy, and I Liked It', I'll pay you fifty bucks," Vincent grinned.

"Tastes of his purple chapstick?" Scott laughed, "Yeah, no. Anyway, seeing as Vincent and I are dating, he kindly offered to come along to help me out."

Boss looked from Scott to Vincent carefully, scrutinizing the both of them, "Uh huh."

Vincent stepped over to Scott's side, putting a hand on his shoulder and meeting William's eyes. He sent him a look as if to say, He's mine, and I'm going to be the best partner I can be.

William looked unconvinced. He sighed, but evidently decided not to voice his concerns, "Well, Scott, let me tell you something, you got more guts than most."

Scott smiled gratefully, "Yep. Just hoping they're not gonna divorce me."

"Scotter!"

Vincent quickly took his hand off of Scott's shoulder and stepped away from him; that was a woman's voice. Scott's mom.

A woman came bustling into the room. She was short - shorter than Scott - and had his brownish-red hair. Her eyes were shining green. She hugged him quickly.

Scotter? Vincent mouthed at Scott, suppressing a grin.

Scott sent him an I don't know, either glance from over his mother's shoulder.

Scott's mom pulled away and turned to look at Vincent, "Scott, who's this?"

"Um... T-This is Vincent. My, um... my co-worker. A-And... my best friend. He's staying with me at the moment and wanted to come meet you guys. You don't mind, right?"