Cheering Up

((Short chapter but there's an alternate version available - that being said, if you're going to read the alternate one, please try to read both as they are very different)).

Scott looked over at Vincent, who was lying back on the bed, still looking absolutely peeved off. He laughed.

"You're still jealous? It was one kiss, Vin. He didn't propose to me," Scott hummed, walking over to the bed and sitting on the edge.

"Maybe not, but you two went on a date, and you never told me? I thought I was your first kiss," Vincent crossed his arms across his chest, "You're obviously attracted to him, it was basically written across your face when you saw him."

"Oh hush," Scott smiled, crawling over to Vincent and settling in his lap, "I'm sure you get attracted to other guys, too. Doesn't mean you're going to up and leave me, now, does it?"

"I might," Vincent said.

Scott's heart almost stopped, the smile on his face was gone in a millisecond, "W-What?"

"I said, I might," Vincent sat up, glaring at Scott, "You don't like sharing all of you with me. Maybe I don't share all of me with you. Maybe there's something I'm keeping from you, Scott. Maybe I'm lying to you. Maybe I'm only here to use you."

Scott's eyes widened, he reeled back a little, intimidated, "Vincent... what do you mean by that?"

Vincent shrugged, then fell back onto the bed, "You don't trust me. Maybe you shouldn't."

Scott blinked for a moment, then relief flooded into him. Vincent wasn't hiding anything, he was just venting.

...Venting at Scott's lack of faith in him.

Scott sighed, feeling guilty, "Look, Vin... It's only natural that I'm a little wary of you, alright? After what you did to me the first time 'round. But... over these last few days, I feel like I've really gotten to know you. I've realised what it is about you that I lo-... that I like so much. And you know, I'm feeling really good about us." He leaned down, kissing Vincent's chin, leaving kisses along his jawline.

 Vincent didn't react at first, just huffed as Scott patiently set to cheering him up, but when Scott ducked down lower to press kisses against his neck, he gave an appreciative "Mm~"

Scott nibbled gently on his collarbone, and Vincent finally gave in, turning his head and leaving his own kisses in Scott's feathery mop of hair.

Scott smiled, then leaned up, gently pressing their lips together.

The kiss that they shared was full of passion, but lacking any sexual desire - it was loving and gentle, and gave Scott the same feeling of electricity, of shivers and goosebumps that he got the very first time they kissed.

Vincent's hands roamed his body freely, running through his hair and stroking his back.

Scott pulled away, smiling contentedly. He leaned down and kissed Vincent's lips another few times before sitting up straight, looking down at Vincent, "Vin, listen. I'm a man true to my word. If I'm in a relationship, I'm not going to cheat, alright? I'm super lucky to have a person like you. You're perfect for me. I don't need anyone else."

Vincent stared at him a moment more, then he smiled. Sitting up, he tousled Scott's hair, "You're cute even when you're serious, you little otter. Damnit, Scott, I love you so much."

Scott felt his heart stutter in his chest, his grin quickly disappeared, replaced by a look of shock. Vincent had just said it. So easily! The words had fallen out of his mouth like melted butter, and now there were burnt into Scott's chest.

I love you so much.

Scott grinned crookedly as a warmth exploded outwards in his chest like a blossoming flower. He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Vincent, tackling him back to the bed. Damnit, Vincent, I love you so much, too!

Vincent smiled, pulling Scott closer to him and nuzzling him, smelling his hair.

Scott couldn't wipe the grin off his face for a million dollars. He smiled goofily into Vincent's chest before mumbling a muffled, "Vincent?"

Vincent let go of him so he could sit up and look him in the eyes, "Yeah, Scotty?"

"Remember what you asked me in the shopping centre? Before Ollie interrupted me?" Scott was almost breathless with anticipation.

Vincent gave him a knowing smile, "Would you like to become my boyfriend?"

Scott's grin widened even more - if that was even possible - "Yeah. Yeah, I'd like that. I'd like that a lot."

Vincent grinned as well, "Look, Scott, I know you try your best, and I know you're afraid of trusting me with your body, but we can work on that, okay?"

"Okay," Scott smiled.

"Are... are you tearing up?" Vincent's eyebrows raised, looking amused.

"No," Scott's voice cracked and he quickly covered his eyes with his hands, "No! I'm not!"

Vincent chuckled, leaning back on the bed, "You're so emotional, Scott."

"I'm not emotional!" Scott protested, blinking furiously before taking his hands away from his eyes, "'m not emotional. I'm just allergic to you. Do you have flower-scented cologne or something?"

Vincent laughed, "Flower scented cologne, huh? Seems legit. Now c'mere, you..."