Change Is Sometimes A Good Thing

((What am I doing awake at this hour you ask? wRiTing of CouRsE wHat eLse wOulD I be DOinG?))

It seemed like eons before Scott finally pulled away. He looked up at Vincent, smiling. "Thank you," he whispered again.

"You're very welcome," Vincent smiled back down at him, gazing at him for a moment before he let go of him.

Andrew was looking at his son, as if he was still adjusting to the sight of him having openly kissed another man.

"Who wants dessert!?" Robin asked cheerily.

"Sure," Scott said, smiling around at the family.

Everyone sat back down at the table. Scott let his head rest on Vincent's shoulder, "I'm so happy this went well. I've been nervous about it since Vin and I first started dating."

"What were you expecting?" Linda asked, "That we'd just throw you out on the street?" She put on a somber expression and a deep voice, "I used to have a twin, but we don't talk about him anymore."

"Well, kind of, actually," Scott shrugged sheepishly, "Honestly, I'm surprised you all took it this well."

"We're still waiting for the shock to sink in, dear," Robin said, scooping a huge blob of butterscotch ice cream into a bowl, "If we wake up in the middle of the night screaming, you'll know why."

"How encouraging..." Scott muttered.

"Well, actually, this takes a lot of pressure off of me," Robin smiled, "Here I was worried that we wouldn't have enough bedrooms, but you two can just share a bed, right?"

Scott's eyes widened marginally, "Oh, um, no, no. We'll just go back home."

"At this time of night, are you kidding me?" Robin tsked, "Knowing our family, we won't be getting to bed until 10:30, and I'm not having you drive all the way across town. You'll have an accident. Plus, then there's no pressure for you to not drink all night." She chuckled lightly.

"Oh no. No, no, no. Me and alcohol? I-I... Not in the present company," He glanced at Vincent.

"Oh, come on. Nobody said you had to get wasted. Just help relax the nerves a little," Linda leaned back in her chair, grinning.

Scott shrugged half a shoulder noncommittally and took the two bowls of ice cream his mother gave him, giving one to Vincent, "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

He scooped up a spoonful of ice-cream. In his typical fashion, it was virtually overbalancing with the amount of ice-cream on it. He narrowed his eyes, "I dare anyone to finish their bowl of ice-cream before me."

"Alright," Vincent said from beside him, "You're on."

"My money's on purple," Linda said.

"Our money's on Scott," Robin, Andrew and William said at once.

"Oh, come on, at least I'm encouraging him. Even if he has no chance of winning," Linda grinned, then pretended to wave a flag, "Gentlemen, scoop your ice-cream! Three, two... one!"

Scott and Vincent both shoved mouthfuls of ice-cream into their mouths.

Scott swallowed virtually instantly, scooping up another spoonful.

Vincent looked at him and his eyes widened, he sped up, shoveling more ice-cream into his mouth, but Scott was already a few mouthfuls ahead.

"How-" Vincent ate more ice-cream, "Do," - more ice-cream - "You," - another spoonful - "Do that!?"

"Guess I'm," Scott had half finished his bowl by this point, "Good at," - he scooped up more from the rapidly emptying bowl - "Swallowing." He paused, then looked at Vincent and smirked, "With a smile."