15 | Girlfriend

Fifteen; MJ

After MJ got over the fact that Subin had played him, he quickly became the happy virus that he was.

He invited the other boys to go out, and hang out.

Unfortunately, Jin Jin had turned down the offer.

"I have some place to go. Maybe next time!" He said as he ran off.

Curiously, MJ asked, "Where is he going?"

Moonbin smiled, the smile holding a secret in itself, "It's nothing."

Being the blank Sanha, he shrugged, "Ah. Okay. Where should we go?"

Eun Woo, who was always sharp, narrowed his eyes at Moonbin.

He pulled him in closer, and whispered, "What's happening with Jin Jin?"

"It's nothing." Moonbin repeated, and turned his attention to MJ, who was talking really fast.

"Shall we go to Coffee Bean?" Rocky asked, shoving his hands into his pocket.

"Nah. Ae-Ri doesn't have a shift today. She won't be there. Let's just roam around." MJ clapped his hands excitedly, and started walking off, whistling an off-key tune loudly.

Sanha soon joined him, and then Rocky followed suit.

Moonbin simply laugh, and nudged Eun Woo to start walking.

After a while of talking and walking, MJ came to a stop.

"Hey. Isn't that Ae-Ri in Jilly-Jelly?" He asked, as he used his hands as binoculars.

Rocky nodded his head, "Yeah. What's she doing there?"

"Guys, she looks really angry. I thought she doesn't show emotions." Sanha said, backing away slightly.

"Yah, why are you afraid? She's not angry at you." Moonbin laughed, lightly knocking Sanha's head.

"Oh..right."

MJ frowned, as he took a step, "Is that her mother?"

"I thought her mom wasn't a full Korean?" Eun Woo asked, as he pulled MJ back from the road, "Dude, watch out for cars."

"Sorry." MJ said, half-heartedly.

Hey, Ae-Ri. What have you done to me?

Just seeing her, MJ's heartbeat had increased tremendously, and he wanted to call out her name, and try to get her attention.

"She's leaving now! I think she's crying." Sanha said, worriedly.

Without waiting for anyone, he zoomed across the road.

Cars honked at him, and a motorcycle nearly hit him down, but MJ didn't care.

He wanted to reach Ae-Ri.

He wanted to hug her, make her stop crying, and find out who made her cry.

He wanted to comfort her.

Eun Woo and Jin Jin yelled at him to come back, and the other three stood still, shocked.

"Ae-Ri?"

She looked up at him, and the first thing he noticed was her puffy, red eyes.

"You're not okay." He stated immediately.

Tears started falling down her eyes again, "I'm..."

A hiccup left her mouth, and she quickly covered her mouth in embarrassment.

"...not." She finished her sentence, and looked up at MJ, her eyes searching his face.

MJ immediately grabbed her wrist, and pulled here into a hug.

Her arms circled his waist, and she hugged him back, breathing in deeply.

Despite the circumstances, MJ's heart was beating quickly, and he felt exhilarated. His face was probably red by now, but he didn't care.

"Do you want to talk about it?" MJ asked kindly, as he patted her back.

"...You know? You give the best hugs." Ae-Ri looked up at him, and gave him a huge smile.

She blatantly ignored his question, but that was fine with MJ. If she wasn't ready to say it, then he wouldn't force her.

She would spill when she trusted him enough.

MJ's eyes widened, and he let go of her.

His hands went up to cover his red cheeks, and he cried, "You smiled at me again!"

Ae-Ri shook her head, and she bit back a laugh, "I am a human too, okay? I can smile, just like you."

MJ put both his arms up, "Okay, fine. I wave the white flag. Do you want to go grab something to eat?"

"Mmhmm."

The two of them started walking, side by side.

Without thinking much, MJ took hold of Ae-Ri's hand, and held it tightly.

"What are you doing?" Ae-Ri narrowed her eyes, staring down at their intertwined hands.

MJ shrugged.

"Holding my Ae-Ri's hand."

"You're too mushy, stop it."

"What? You want me to say girlfriend instead?" MJ teased, lightly nudging Ae-Ri's shoulder with his own.

Ae-Ri burst out laughing, and she shoved him.

When he was stable again, she covered her smile, and looked away.

"You can if you want to." She said quietly.

MJ gasped, "Wait, you're okay with being my girlfriend?"

Ae-Ri shrugged, "Why not?"

MJ turned back to the other side of the road, finally remembering his friends.

They were standing there, raising their eyebrows at him, and tapping their feet.

"Guys, she said okay to being my girlfriend!"

「•」

Dedicated to @-oownue ~

Okay, really, good night.

Stay beautiful 💕

Xoxo.