18 | Rail

Eighteen; Ae-Ri

"I didn't try to burn down the school."

MJ halted in his steps, as he eyed Ae-Ri with curiosity, "What?"

"I didn't burn the school." Ae-Ri repeated as she slowly turned from where she stood.

"Be careful!" MJ cried out in fear, as he took another step forward.

"I was trying to commit suicide. Life was at its worst, and I just didn't have the energy anymore. I don't want to deal with anything and anyone then." Ae-Ri's voice was soft, and her eyes were watery.

She held the photograph up high in the air, and turned it slowly.

Then, she held the lighter up.

MJ noticed that there were two girls on the picture.

He couldn't see it very well, but he assumed that it was Ae-Ri and Yeo Ra in their younger years.

Placing the lighter below the photograph, Ae-Ri whispered, "It was all because of Yeo Ra."

"My parents divorced. I had no family. Yeo Ra was my only friend. I trusted her. She was my whole life, she was always there for me. Or so I had thought. She's a liar; a betrayer." Ae-Ri scoffed, shaking her head in disappointment.

She lit the photograph up, and watched as it burned.

Just before it reached the tip, she let it drop to the ground.

As it touched the ground, the photograph turned into ashes.

MJ's heart sank.

This wasn't the girl he had grown to love so much.

"Do you want to tell me why, Ae-Ri?" MJ asked quietly, trying to keep himself sane.

It was hard, because he was watching the girl he sincerely loved, slowly die inside.

And it wasn't helping either that she was standing at the edge of the railing.

"Hmm." Ae-Ri turned around, and faced the other side.

She looked at the sky, her shoulders tense.

"Sit down, MJ. I'll tell you a story."

"How do I freaking sit down if you're standing up there? Please come down first, Ae-Ri!" MJ begged, his heart hammering painfully in his chest.

Ae-Ri sighed as she turned around, and jumped off the railing.

She gave MJ a small smile.

"You don't have to worry about me suiciding anymore, MJ."

MJ blew out a relieved breath.

"After all, I have all the reason to not suicide." Ae-Ri said, as she walked towards MJ.

"You."

「•」

Good morning!

Yay, school starts today. :(

I'm so sleepy and can barely open my eyes....

But here you go.

Enjoy this update while I suffer in school.

Bye!

Xoxo.