20 | Company

Twenty; MJ

He was in tears by the end of Ae-Ri's story.

Ae-Ri burst into laughter, her laugh resonating around the balcony.

The wind was blowing, and Ae-Ri shivered.

Yet she felt warm.

It felt good to let out her feelings once in a while.

It felt good to be heard.

MJ pulled Ae-Ri into a hug, "Babe, please don't ever scare me like that again."

"Hmm?"

"Don't ever say you want to suicide." MJ let go of her, as he pointed at the railing.

"I had a fucking heart attack when I saw you standing there, you know?!" He snapped, as he stood up.

He crossed his arms across his chest, and turned around to face the wall, stomping his legs childishly.

Ae-Ri felt a smile creep up her face, and she raised her eyebrows, "MJ? What is it with you and cursing today?"

MJ pointed a finger at her, "You're the cause of me cursing!"

Ae-Ri laughed again, feeling happier.

MJ sighed and sat down beside her, "So, are you going to forgive Yeo Ra now?"

Ae-Ri's face darkened, "No way. What she did was unforgivable."

MJ held up his hands, "Okay. You don't have to."

Ae-Ri's features softened and she let out a breathe, "I miss them."

"What happened to them? Do you still contact them?" MJ asked, as he sat down beside Ae-Ri.

He slung an arm over his girlfriend, and pulled her closer to him.

They sat there, with their backs to the wall, watching the sun descend over the horizon.

The sky was turning a beautiful orange in color.

"No... After Minghao got better, he wanted to go back to China. Bomi went with him. Jun went back with them as well, because he and Minghao were best friends. I believe they still are."

"What about Jimin?"

"I honestly have no idea about Jimin and the others. We had this little goodbye party before everyone left, but that was it. Everyone's gone. I guess I'm the only one still stuck in the past."

Ae-Ri sighed sadly, and laid her head on MJ's shoulder.

MJ didn't reply; he simply rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"You know, I miss my father."

MJ frowned in confusion, "But your father is still with you."

"But I haven't talked to him in a while." Ae-Ri whispered.

"Why not?"

"I'm afraid."

MJ kept quiet, willing Ae-Ri to continue speaking.

"I'm afraid that he hates me. I've been a terrible daughter after all."

"Hey, he cares about you. Every father loves his own children." MJ whispered soothingly, patting her head.

"Every?" Ae-Ri coughed, shaking her head.

"Fine, not every fathers. But most." MJ puffed out his cheeks, as he lightly pushed Ae-Ri with his shoulder.

Ae-Ri laughed merrily, her eyes twinkling brightly.

"You don't believe me?" MJ asked, frowning.

"I don't know. Maybe, maybe not." Ae-Ri replied.

MJ harrumphed and stood up, with Ae-Ri almost toppling over since she had been leaning on him.

"I'll prove it to you."

「•」