21 | Finally

Twenty-One; Ae-Ri

She stood quietly behind the door, as MJ bravely marched into the kitchen.

"Excuse me, Mr Kwon." He said, saluting her father.

Ae-Ri giggled quietly, 'What a dork.'

A lovable dork.

"Oh my stars, who are you? Who let you in, and what the heck do you want?" Mr Kwon yelled, as he stood up hurriedly.

He rolled up his newspaper, in defense.

"Whoa, dear, calm down! I let him in, he's Ae-Ri's friend!" Sarah called out from the laundry room.

Mr Kwon softened at the word 'friend'.

"Friend? Ah.."

It wasn't everyday that he saw Ae-Ri with a friend.

"Sorry for scaring you, sir. I'm not Ae-Ri's friend. I'm her lovable boyfriend." MJ grinned, showing a peace sign to him.

"What? No way! I will not allow you to take my daughter away!" Mr Kwon rolled angrily, becoming tense once again.

"Why?" MJ asked, in a clear voice, "Why won't you let me take her away?"

"Because I care about her and I don't want her to end up with a bad, perverted, sleazy guy!"

"See, Ae-Ri? He cares about you. We all do." MJ smiled, as he turned around.

Ae-Ri bit her lip, from her position outside the door.

Her heart skipped a beat.

Her father really does love her.

"What? Where is Ae-Ri?" Mr Kwon asked, alarmed when he didn't see Ae-Ri.

He was worried that MJ might be crazy, because he was talking to the wall.

Ae-Ri held back her laughter, as she stepped out into the open.

"Dad?"

"Ae-Ri!" Mr Kwon cried.

"Dad. I love you." Ae-Ri said, as she nervously squeezed her shirt.

MJ took her hands, and gave it a light, encouraging squeeze.

Mr Kwon raised his eyes at that.

Ae-Ri smiled gratefully at MJ.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I thought that when you remarried, you were going to ignore me and hate me forever. I thought that I no longer had a family." Ae-Ri's eyes started watering.

"Dad. I'm really sorry for all the troubles I've caused you. Will you ever forgive me?" Ae-Ri wailed loudly.

MJ was shocked because never had he seen his girlfriend cry this loudly before.

But her father smiled.

His eyes crinkled at the corner, and he opened his arms, wide.

"Ae-Ri yah, you idiot. You'll always be my one and only daughter, and I'll love you no matter what."

He wrapped his arms around Ae-Ri once she ran into his embrace, and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you, dad. I love you."

Sarah came into the room at that moment, and smiled, "I'm glad you've made up."

Ae-Ri smiled back, and said, "Sarah? Can I call you my mum?"

Sarah gasped, and dropped the table cloth she was holding, "I..I...of course!"

Sarah pulled Ae-Ri into a firm hug, her tears rolling down her cheeks.

She was smiling happily, and the tears just wouldn't stop.

MJ immediately started clapping his hands wildly, "Ah, I've saved the day once again!"

Mr Kwon frowned, and eyed him weirdly, "Dear, tell me honestly. Who is this...strange boy?"

"Oh, you hurt me!" MJ cried dramatically, putting a hand over his heart.

Ae-Ri giggled.

"Dad, let me introduce to you, my boyfriend."

MJ beamed, and bowed slightly.

Then, he raised his eyebrows at Ae-Ri's father.

"Uncle, I only have two things to say to you, not as the dorky MJ, but as Ae-Ri's boyfriend." MJ said.

"What is that?" Mr Kwon narrowed his eyes, as he tugged his daughter closer to him, afraid that the strange guy will steal her away.

"I'm not a sleazy guy, and I will protect your daughter whatever the cost."

「•」

Have not checked my notifications, so I apologize if I have not replied you.

Goodnight.

Xoxo.