Chapter Ten

Saige's pov:

I was in the living room with my dad. I was uncontrollably crying. I kept trying to calm myself down, but I couldn't. I worked so hard on my project, and then Emily ruined it.

Emily entered the living room.

"Yeah?" She asked our dad.

"Why did you destroy Saige's project?" He asked. He tried to be calm, but his face was red.

"She deserved it!" Emily spat.

"How?!" He boomed, no longer calm.

"She told you guys about Belmont after promising to keep it a secret!" Emily yelled back.

"That does not give you the right to destroy her project! Apologize," he ordered.

"Sorry," Emily said in a bored tone. Our dad was fuming.

"Can I please go upstairs already? I don't feel good," Emily complained. Our dad's facial expression changed to a more nervous one.

"What's wrong?" He stammered.

"I have a headache. My stomach hurts and I feel like throwing up," Emily explained. He sighed. He looked like he wanted to say something, but changed his mind.

"Go rest," he told her. Emily went upstairs to her bedroom.

I went to the bathroom to clean my face from crying. Emily and I share a bathroom. Our bathroom has a double sink, so we each have one.

I noticed Em's pretty bracelet by her sink. She must've left it there last night after being out with friends. She loves that bracelet. Of all the things she owns, I think it's her favorite. She always wears it, and she won't let anybody touch it. Cameron and Aunt Megan gave it her for her birthday when she was like five. That was before everything fell apart on that side of the family. I don't know much about it though. No one will tell me.

I think that bracelet reminds Emily of simpler times. Before she was a terrible human being. Before the divorce. Before I was born. I wonder what she'd do if she ever lost that bracelet. Suddenly, anger pulsed through my veins. Emily ruined my project that I worked so hard on. She's the one who told me to enter the competition anyways. She only told me to so she could ruin my project. I know she's my sister, but I wish she wasn't.

Fine. Since she likes revenge, I'll get some revenge of my own. Without a second thought, I grabbed the bracelet and went to my bedroom. I put it on the top shelf of my closet. Emily never comes in my bedroom. She'll never guess it was me who took it.

Connor's pov:

I'm worried about Emily. How on earth could she have gotten pregnant? Well, I know how, but why would she? She does stupid things, but she's way smarter than that. Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe the test isn't her's. Maybe it's Liz's? No. There's no way it's Liz's. We don't have the kind of time with Emily causing trouble, Megan fighting for full custody, and trying to keep up with Saige.

I decided not to tell Emily that I know yet. She lies, so she'll just deny its hers anyways. I should talk to Liz first. I just don't know how. Liz is already so overwhelmed with Emily. This will crush her. I wonder if Emily did it at that night she got arrested for drinking. I hope not. If drinking was a factor in her doing that, Liz would never forgive herself. Would it kill Emily to be a bit more of a delight?

Liz's pov:

*one week later*

Emily was sick all week. She's feeling better today, which is good. Honestly, her being sick has been kind of nice. Since she's been so sick, she hasn't wanted to do anything, including cause trouble.