Chapter 6: This isn't goodbye.

Logan's P.O.V.

A few weeks had past. With the new album coming up and the new tour, I haven't been home very much. It's almost 2am and I'm finally home. I slowly enter the house because I don't want to wake up anyone. I see Joni sitting on the couch. Her knees up to her chest, staring into the distance. "Hey baby, what are you doing up so late?" I peck her lips and sit next to her.

"I've been waiting for you."

"Aww, baby, you know you don't have to do that." I scoot closer to her and put my arm around her. I kiss her temple and she lays her head on my shoulder. I hear her sniffle. I immediately face her. "Baby girl, what's wrong?" She buries her head in my shirt and starts crying harder. I wrap my arms around her tightly. Suddenly I see that she wasn't looking into the distances earlier, she was looking at bags. "What's up with the bags?" I ask slowly. She leans her head back and I wipe her tears away. "You're not leaving me again, are you? You're not kicking me out, are you? I need you." I blurred out.

"I'm sorry Logan, but I can't do this anymore. I'm exhausted and I just need a little break." She wants to get up but I pull her back to me.

"Please don't do this, not again. I need you, I love you." I kissed her, fortunately she kissed me back. I moved my hand to the back of her head. She pulled away.

"I love you too." I leaned my forehead on hers.

"Than stay."

"I can't." I felt a tear roll over my cheek. "This isn't goodbye I promise, I just need some rest. I'll be staying at Kendall's. I'm sorry." She stood and kissed the corner of my lips. She took the bags and walked out on me. She left me there on the couch, paralyzed. Suddenly I releazed what just happened. She walked out on me.

"I can't let her get away." I stand up and run out of the house. I run in the direction Joni would've driven to. I was at the end of the road when I heard a loud crash.