Chapter 21: 8 days,12 hours, 43 minutes and 37 seconds.

Logan's P.O.V.

I lay on the couch with Jason on top of me, asleep. I looked at my watch and sighed. It's been 8 days,12 hours, 43 minutes and 37 seconds since Joni left. Yes, I'm counting. I miss her so much. A tear rolled over my cheek. I don't even know where she is. I haven't been to work. As a matter of fact I haven't been out at all. The only time I went out was to take Jason to the doctor. Poor little guy has been sick the whole time. He probably misses his mommy too. He's starting to feel better though. I can't believe she thinks I'm cheating on her. I would never do that. Never. I love her. Would I have fought for her for all those months when she was pregnant when I would go and cheat on her? I was planning on proposing to her. Suddenly my phone rang. I quickly but gently pick Jason up, trying not to wake him. I laid him in his bed and took my phone out of my pocket. I was shocked when I saw which name flashed on the screen. 'My love <3'. That's how Joni's number was saved in my phone. I ran out of Jason's room and quickly tapped answer. I bring the phone to my ear and hesitantly say. "Hello?"

"Hey Logan." Her voice was weak. Yet it feels great to hear it. Another tear left my eye. But I couldn't quiet tell if it was from happiness or sadness. "Um, I-I wanted to know how, um, how Jason is doing." She stumbles.

"He's getting better." I swallowed trying to stop the tears from coming. "He's asleep now." I knew she didn't really want to talk. "I think he misses his mommy." I heard her sniffle. I wish I was there to wipe her tears. "Please just come home." I begged.

"I can't."

"Where are you?"

"If I tell you, you'll come looking for me and I don't want that." Her voice cracked.

"But I miss you." I couldn't stop the tears anymore. "I miss you so damn much." I let my fingers go through my hair. "It's been over a week."

"Joni?" I hear a familiar voice whisper. Barely loud enough for me to hear.

"I gotta go, I just wanted to know how Jason is doing. Bye Logan."

"I love you." She had already hung up. Who was that person in the background? I know that voice. It sounded so familiar. Then it hit me. I dialed his number several times. I immediately spook as I heard him pick up the phone. "Ken, I know Joni's with you, you have to help me make her mine again." He sighs.

"Sure."