chapter three.

Monica didn't know whether Dean wanted to slap her or shoot her. He paced up and down impatiently as Bobby was silently looking through books. She had tried to tell Dean the night before about Sam's disappearance but he had gone out to get supplies.

They had woken up to Dean making a noise as he searched the entire house and surroundings for Sam. He had gone to get him breakfast when he found out Sam had gone. Now Dean had taken to scrolling through Sam's online activity and phone records as she stood awkwardly.

"Dean...can I do anything to help?," she asked. His jaw tightened in anger. It had been awful, the way he had shouted at her until Bobby had intervened and took him outside.
"You've done enough," he retorted. Bobby looked up tensely. Monica wanted to say something but kept quiet. Monica sat down, but as soon as she had, she was taken by another vision.

"Lilith is the only one who can break the last seal," a dark haired woman said. They were in a motel, her and Sam.
"Then I'll kill her," Sam said. The room went hazy and when her vision cleared she could see carnage everywhere; broken glass and droplets of blood.
"You walk out of that door and I never want to see you again!," Dean said, beaten and on the floor. She couldn't move as Sam left with the demon girl.

"Monica? What do you see?," Dean asked shaking her slightly. She blinked quickly  and looked up at him. She concentrated,  remembering the details.
"Leighton Springs Motel....he's there," she said faintly. Dean nodded and left silently to look for a map. Her hands massaged her temples as she breathed. It felt like she hadn't slept in years.

"Does it...?" Bobby asked, not sure what to ask. She looked up to look at the old man. He looked genuinely concerned as he sat next to her.
"All the time, like a dull migraine. But I'm fine, we still need to find Sam," she said getting up. Immediately she early fell back, if Bobby hadn't caught her. He guided her back to the couch and held her face upwards.

"How many hours of sleep have you had?" he said, slightly rough but still concerned. Monica sat back, fatigue now taking it's place.

"A couple of hours, um....since October," she said reluctantly. He shook his head as Dean came back into the room, her bag in his arms.
"You ready to go?" he said. Before she could answer Bobby got up.
"You go on ahead, Dean. The girl's worn out. She can barely carry herself on her own two feet," Bobby said. Dean paused and stared at her. She looked up tiredly at those bright eyes before a yawn escaped her lips.

"It's okay I'm-" she started. Dean shook his head, adamantly.
"You should take her home. I found this address on your phone," he said handing a piece of paper to Bobby. Dean looked at her for a while longer before leaving, slamming the front door behind him. She got up and made her way to the door.

"Wait!" she called. He stopped and cam back up the steps, concern on his face.
"Did you see something else?" he asked. She shook her head before wrapping her arms around him. He stumbled back slightly before hugging her back.

"Thank you," she said softly into his neck. He smiled and let go, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.
"Stay  safe, brat" he teased. She lightly slapped his arm but she couldn't quite smile; not when she knew what would happen between him and Sam.

"See you around, jerk" she said as he hoped into his car. The car started but Dean paused before getting out again.
"In case we don't see each other again he said before kissing her on the cheek. He smirked as her face went red and finally left.
"Ready to go," Bobby said. She turned to see him holding her bag and coat. She nodded and slowly got down the porch steps to Bobby's truck.

"Whose address are you taking me to?" she asked as they raced down the highway. They had been driving for about two hours now. 

"Dean said the boy had called you when you were out. Someone called Robbie Davis," Bobby replied. Monica sat up, her little brother had called her. The last time she had heard from him was the night she had had enough, the night she left.