chapter fifteen

Castiel's grip on her arm lessened when the appeared in the forest of their vision. Monica's hands shook as she dropped to her knees.
"Did I hurt you?" she muttered.  He didn't say anything ad he lifted her to her feet.
"Your powers are spiralling out of control as the Apocalypse nears" he explains.  She looks down at her shaking palms,  the smooth skin slightly grubby after not showering.

"Can you stop it?" she asked. Castiel shook his head and brought out his two angel blades, handing one to her.
"No...but now I know that they'll come for us here" Castiel said as they heard the fluttering of angel wings. Turning around she saw two angels.  In a flash of tan trench coat Castiel sprang forward, quickly killing the first one. The other stepped around  Cas and ran for her but stopped short when a blade ran through his chest.

She ran forward,  looking for the mound. Not paying attention she suddenly tripped and fell with a crash. Looking up, Monica watched the ground move as someone tried to crawl our.
"Help me"she said to Cas as they began scooping away dirt.

What was left was a boy. He had good bone structure,  blueish green eyes and tangled blond hair. She gently touched his cheek, looking into his mind.
"Adam....you're names is Adam. I'm Monica,  this is Castiel" she explained.  Adam sat up with a frown.
"H -How do you know my name?" He asked as Castiel helped him  up.
"I know a lot of things but right now there's more important things to do" she said as Castiel took a hold of both of them and transported them away.

"Where have you two been?" Sam asked after Monica had persuaded Adam to sit down. She had a feeling Sam was glad they had something else to talk about other than Dean's suicide mission.
"Its a long story " she said resting her head wearily on his chest. His arms went around her supportivley before he lifted her chin to look at him.
"You look tired, you should rest" he muttered. She shook her head; she felt shivery and feverish but awake and alert at the same time. Remembering Castiel's words she stepped back and looked away.

"If you try convince me otherwise I will slap you" Dean shouted as he walked into the living room. Shortly after him Bobby rolled in as well.
"Monica, try talk some sense into the boy before I knock some into him" he growls. Dean holds a hand up to stop her.
"You haven't heard what I was going to say" she protested. Dean put a finger to her lips and looked at her sternly.
"Don't do this Dean, there has to be another way" he said, badly mimicking her voice. Monica swatted his hand away and stepped back.

"Stay away from me......You guys need to lock me up" she said. The four of them went silent, reminding Monica of Adam who had fallen asleep.
"You want us to do what!" Bobby said, breaking the stunned silence. When she didn't meet Dean's eyes he stepped forward, making her step back.
"What's going on Monica?" he asked softly. She finally looked up and fiddled with her hands.
"You saw what happened to Castiel....I controlled his mind and made him see that vision. I could've killed him, what if I do that to one of you" she said in a rush. Sam stepped in front of Dean and reached to put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

It was like it jumped on her. One minute she was in the living room the next it was dark and gloomy.

Her eyes strained to see in front of her. She was in some sort of giant cell, swaying in suspension. Looking down into the mass of swirling dark cloud and streaks of lightning made Monica dizzy until she heard a low chuckle. Her body turned cold as she turned around and saw Sam....Only she knew it wasn't him at all.
"Nice of you to drop in" he said. His voice even sounded like Sam. Monica eyed him wearily, scanning for any door.
"No door, no window and not much of a view as well....sorry I can't offer much. But hey, I'm sure we can get real cosy just me and you" he said stroking her face. She slapped his hand away, afraid to move because of how high the cage looked.