chapter eight.

"Do you think it's going to work?," Jo asked. The female hunter sat next to Monica in a car they had 'borrowed'. In her lap her phone was on loudspeaker to Sam and Dean.
"You'll be fine," Dean reassured them. Right now they were two minute from attempting to persuade demons to let them into Crowley's mansion.

It felt like it had been years since she had met the Winchesters yet it had only been a couple of months. Monica was getting used to hunting and was getting good at it.
"And anyways Monica's powers should tell us if it will be a success," Sam added. Monica laughed, her cheeks red slightly.
"Your never ending faith in the accuracy of my powers is cute," she teased.
"I believe in you, Monica," Sam said. Monica chuckled nervously but fiddled her fingers. Jo groaned and rolled her eyes.
"Get a room lovebirds," she joked. Monica punched her arm playfully. Jo was a real help in Monica's improvements in hunting and they had become good friends.

"Well, Monica? Are we good to go?," Dean asked, his voice unusually tense. Monica closed her eyes,reaching for the uneasy pull of a vision.

In her hands was a cold metal object she couldn't see properly; everything was out of focus.
"It'll do the job," a man says. She looks up to see him standing in front of her. Her eyes strain to see his face and realise it was changing between two faces.
"Who are you?," she asked but the vision was slipping from her.

Her lungs sucked in air as if she'd been underwater. Jo looked at her expectantly. putting a hand on her shoulder. It had taken a while but her friend now understood how violent her visions could be. But Monica beared that weight; it was something she was destined for. And with all her powers she couldn't change destiny.
"I think we should get going," she said. Jo smirked as they stepped out of the car. She checked her dress as they reached the gate and tousled her hair more before smiling at the guards.

"What can I do for you ladies?," he said, his eyes lingering on Monica's chest. She breathed and twirled her hair.
"Our car broke down. We were wondering if we could use your telephone?," Jo asked in a sweet voice. When the second demon caught her eye she winked at him.
"Sure, of course," they said, licking their lips as they opened the gates. Minute they turned around, Monica punched them both in the face, knocking them to the ground. Jo took of the demon knife and slashed at their throats. 

Monica and Jo were waiting when they heard the rumbling engine of the Impala cut and the Winchesters met with them.
"Told you so," Sam said smiling at her. She grinned and as they walked through the drive way. The hallway of the mansion was cold and silent as they entered.
"It was the study," she said leading them down corridor after corridor. Soon they reached the two oak doors. Before she could open them, Sam grabbed her by the waist and pulling her back.

"Wait," he hissed. They all aimed their guns as Dean kicked the door down the door. Inside a man sat at his desk, barely looking up as they walked in.
"Hello boys....and girls," he added glancing at Jo and Monica. Before she could speak she turned to see four demons come to hold them back. Monica scowled at the demon standing before them. His eyes glanced over them until they reached hers, eyebrows arching in surprise.
"Monica Davis, boy have I heard lots about you," Crowley stated, looking at her like she was some kind of asset.
"Was this after you sent a demon to kill my family or after?," she spat back. To her left she saw Sam almost flinch at her brash mention of her family's harsh demise and felt a twinge of guilt before looking back at Crowley.

"Don't pretend that you're better than us, okay. I already know everything about you," she sneered. He nodded a smug look on his face.
"Is that so?," he said, feigning surprise. 
"Yes, Fergus," she replied sweetly. She smiled as his shoulder's stiffened at the mention of his real name before taking out a gun and aiming it straight at her. The Colt. Dean struggled against his grip but Monica remained completely calm. Then what happened next still made Monica jump slightly as Crowley silently shot all four of his henchmen.
"That was perfect. You're performance was wonderful," he said applauding her. 

Dean and Jo both looked at her in shock and confusion.
"Do you know him?," Sam asked. She shook her head as she went to stand next to him.
"No, until know we've never met. That didn't stop me from knowing that she'd know every little detail of what would happen. You're getting stronger by the day. Marvellous," Crowley said, leaning back against the table.
"I also knew you wanted the Winchesters help so wouldn't get them killed," she said.
"So you knew there was no danger?," Sam asked, looking at her. She locked eyes with him , that feeling reaching every corner of her all over again. It seemed like only Sam could make her feel like that; giddy and shivery but more alert and hot all over at the same time.

"I wouldn't have let you go if there was danger," she said softly. Sam smiled before looking away, a slight blush on his cheeks. Jo smirked at her causing Monica to roll her eyes.  Jo was always teasing her about how Sam had a crush on her. But they couldn't focus on things like that; not when everything was at stake. Maybe afterwards. She almost let herself smile at that thought before getting back to the topic.
"So what do you want with us, Fergus?," Dean said, taking the opportunity to wind up the demon. Crowley scowled pointing at Monica.

"See what you've done. I want you to take this thing to Lucifer and empty it into his face", he said, bluntly. There was a minute of silence as Jo whistled in shock. Even Monica was slightly stunned. She had been so focused on the getting here she hadn't seen what Crowley had actually wanted from them. Killing the Devil? That was impossible; a suicide mission at the least.

"Uh-huh and why exactly would you want the Devil dead? Bit ironic don't ya think?," Jo said, her usual cheery tone replaced with a more serious one. Monica looked at Crowley waiting to hear an answer.
"Something called survival...well I forgot that you hunters at best are functioning morons," he sneered. Jo scowled as Monica rolled her eyes.
"You're functioning...morons," Dean said before realising what he had said. Monica smiled before looking at Crowley.
"You want Lucifer dead because you know once he's done with humans he'll move onto the demons," Monica said. 
"Jackpot! So how about you don't miss, huh!," he said.

"It's got to be a trap," Sam said to Monica. She looked up at him, concern bringing a frown to his face and touched his arm.
"Sam Winchester, having trust issues with a demon. Well, better late than never," Dean teased.
"Shut up Dean. Fine we can do it. Just give us the gun...and the bullets," she added. Crowley smiled and handed her the Colt and a case of bullets.
"How do you know we won't just shoot you?," Jo asked the demon.
"I have faith you're not stupid enough to," Crowley said. They nodded and silently stepped over the dead henchmen, heading for the door.

"Monica?," Crowley called. She turned to see him walk towards her.
"Yes, Crowley," she asked. He stood smugly in front of her, hands in pockets.
"Just wanted you to know, that sister of yours, Amber...yeah, she's alive. Adios," he added before slamming his door. Monica paused standing in front of the door. It was like for a second all the air in her lungs had been sucked out of them. For weeks now she had learned to live with the fact that she had no family left. 
"Hey,"Sam said, pulling her back slightly. She turned to face him and smiled, exhaling deeply.

"Yeah...Amber made it clear a long time ago about how she felt about her psycho sister. I'm okay, Sam," she said smiling before they walked to catch up with Jo and Dean.

"I'm waiting for you," a voice said, harsh and sharp against the still night air. She turned to see nothing but darkness and the glowing lights behind Crowley's windows. She shivered slightly and bit her lip.
"You okay?," Sam asked. She looked up at him, the warm and fuzzy feeling he gave her pushing the worry away.
"Yeah...just thought I heard something," she muttered. He nodded and put an arm around her as they closed the distance to the Impala.

"You can't hide," 

a/n so some more scenes between Sam and Monica!!♡ ♡