chapter twenty.

"Morning gorgeous" someone said. Monica opened her eyes to look at another pair of green eyes staring at her. She sat up quickly before he covered her mouth.
"Don't scream" Sam said. She blinked, her heart beating rapidly before nodding. Sam slowly let go of her. Monica tucked some hair aside and gently touched his face.
"This is a vision, isn't it?" she muttered. Sam cupped her face before kissing her. Her head was full of a hurricane of emotions as she leant into the kiss, his hands touching her waist. She pulled him down towards her as her hands unbuttoned his shirt.

"The first thing you do after seeing me is make out" Sam teased as they lay there. Monica grinned as she fiddled with his hair.
"You did turn up in my bed.....Where were you? Why didn't you call me or-" she started before he kissed her again.
"I wanted to but...figured you needed time with your sister. How are you?" he asked. She smiled and looked at him.
"I'm fine. Dying to get out of here, Amber's constantly on my case and -" she started before Sam sat up.

"Then let's get out of here" he said, reaching for his jeans. She smiled before nodding.
"Fine,let me take a shower" she said,grabbing her towel.
"I might join you" he teased. Monica shook her head and closed the door.

Amber sat in stony silence as Monica came down the stairs with her backpack. She paused before setting her bag on the floor.
"I called Liam; he said he'd keep an eye on things....Amber, talk to me" Monica said. She watched her sister stand up, about to speak when Sam came back in.
"Ready to go" he asked,putting an arm around her waist. Amber scowled and walked towards the fridge.
"I don't expect you to call me much so don't get killed out there" she muttered. Monica walked up to her and hugged Amber tightly. She hugged Monica back before looking at her.
"I don't get it; why didn't you see that Sam was alive" she asked. Monica looked back at Sam who smiled at them.
"That's what I'm gonna find out. I'll email as much as I can" she said before walking to Sam. She took one last look at the house before getting into Sam's car.

They pulled up at a motel after driving for an hour. She looked up at the brick building and glanced at Sam.
"Why are we here?" she asked as they entered the motel. He smiled but said nothing as they walked up the stairs.
"Dean and Cas are here too, by the way" he said when they reached their floor. Monica scowled slightly. She said nothing and exhaled deeply before walking inside with Sam. She didn't look at Dean and glanced at the bed. A small boy lay, asleep or unconscious on the bed.
"Well this isn't what I thought you meant by 'getting help'" Castiel said, breaking the silence. Dean stepped forward,about to say something when she cut him off.

"Don't...Are going to fill me in, Castiel?" she asked. He nodded.
"After the Apocalypse...Heaven's been a mess. This child sold his soul for possession of a holy weapon" he explained as she walked closer to the bed.
"And you don't who sold it to him?You...want me to find out" she asked, her eyebrows raised. Sam rested his hands on her shoulder, his chin almost resting on her head.
"You can just look into his mind, like you did with me and Cas" he said. She turned to him and shook her head.
"This is different. Cas is an angel and you had the Devil inside you" she said. Dean crossed his arms, frowning .
"Monica's right, he's just a kid. It could kill him" Dean reasoned, his eyes on her. She met his gaze with a glare before taking off her jacket.

"I'll be careful" she said, defiantly before gently placing her hands on his hands. Closing her eyes, she saw a bright flash of light and the high pitched sound that came when angels were in their full form. Opening her eyes, she saw she was sitting down on the bed next to the boy. She breathed as she saw the slow rise and fall of his chest; he was alive.
" Do you know a Balthazar?" she asked. Castiel's face fell as he stepped back.
"Are you sure it was him?" he asked. She nodded, standing up.

"He was a friend...I thought he died in the war" Cas said. Monica patted his arm.
"Well your frat buddy is moonlighting as a crossroads demon" Dean snapped before turning away. She knew he was angry at her but said nothing.