The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eight.

Shawn:

So I'm guessing Makenna uncle--Jonas--didn't know anything about the little fight I did the other night cause he called the apartment and left me a message saying I have an interview for a busboy job. Of course Travis was home and he got annoyed since it was at the dinner Makenna works at, but he say I need a job and I should go.

I saw a guy with built shoulder, dark hair, and a little facial hair around his mouth behind the counter writing down on something like business papers. I walked up to the counter and made the best happy smile I can do, "Hey, I'm Shawn Gates.",

He looked up at me and smiled, "Ah, your Shawn. You look a little like Travis.",

I shrugged, "Same mom, different dads.", I said. It was true, me and Travis have looked totally different since he has dark hair and I have blonde hair. Our lips, nose, and eye shape is the only thing we have the same that comes from our mother. His eyes are full grey, mine is bluish-grey. But we think of ourselves as full-blood brother and don't think about the dads, but that we share blood, even if it's not full.

He nodded his head, "Ah. Well, why don't you come with me-"

"Maggie, can you please come over here and help--dang it!", Makenna said as she walked out of the kitchen with a round tray with food on it, but it must've bin too heavy for her cause the tray tilt a little and all the food dropped onto the floor. "I'm such an idiot.", she whined as she bent down to clean the mess up.

"You know what, forget the interview. You start now.", Jonas said as he threw me a rag and grey bucket I would use for to grab dirty plate and bring the back to the kitchen to get clean.

"I am so sorry, Uncle Jona-", Makenna cut herself off when he looked up and saw me. Our eyes made contact and I saw her breathing hitch. "Oh, um, hey Shawn.", she tried to say smoothly, but I herd the nervousness in her voice and her cheeks flamed up from her accident.

"You know him, Mak?", Jonas asked her as she got up from the floor and grabbed a few napkins to clean her hands off.

She nodded her head and looked at him, "Yeah, he's goes to school with me. He's in the same grade.",

"Oh.", he said. "Well, any friend of Makenna can happily work here.",

"Oh, we're not friends.", she said and gave a nervous chuckle and I frowned at her, which made her stop. She doesn't want to be friends with me? Why the hell not!

Jonas groaned, "Mak, why do you push people away? I wonder where it comes from cause it most certainly doesn't come from your mother or fathers.",

Makenna shoulder slugged down, "I don't push people away, Uncle Jonas. It's just he's popular in school and I'm a no one. Even, why would the new hot student want to be friends with the 'goth girl?", she asked, making air quotes around 'goth girl'.

A grinned plastered my face, "You think I'm hot?", I teased.

Makenna jerk and looked away embarrassed, "I mean, um--my mess, I'll clean it up.", she said, taking the grey bucket from me and bent down to clean up the splattered food and plate. "Can you go ask the cooks to re-make those orders, Uncle Jonas, and go tell table five the order going to be a little longer?",

He sighed, but nodded his head, "Yeah, Makenna. Both they both aren't going to be happy, but okay.",

As he walked into the kitchen, she said, "Sorry, again.",

I walked around the counter and bent down in front of her to help her, "You know, it's cute when you blush.", I said, but it wasn't really me. Stupid wolf.

She froze, but quickly recovered, "No it's not, it's dumb. I'm so shy, I can't help it, though.",

I finally have to ask, "Makenna, why don't you have any friends? You don't seem the label they call you. Sure, you have dark hair, but many people have black hair. So, why?",