The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Three.

I walked into the apartment of my hallway when I heard yelling coming from the room. “You ever touch my mother again, I swear to god, James, I will kill you!”, Travis exclaimed.

I ran the down the hallways and ran over to the door as James spoke, “Shut your fucking mouth Travis—”, he got cut off when I ran in. I looked around and saw my mom on the floor her hand to her cheek and I saw blood coming from her nose and she was behind Travis and James back was to me and I didn’t have to see his face to see he was pissed off and yes, drunk.

Travis has better control then me, but tempt him to far, he will attack and probably literally kill James.

Travis pointed his finger at James, “You touch my mother ever again, she’ll end up having to plan a funeral.”,

James stepped forward, but I ran up behind him and put my arms under his arm pit and leaned him backwards so he wouldn’t punch Travis and Travis’ll end up shifting right here in front of him and our mom, “What the hell going on?”, I asked.

“I walk in to see this pig hitting our mom. Like hell I wasn’t going to do anything. He’s lucky I didn’t knock him out!”, Travis yelled and I finally saw what he meant. He hit James right in mouth and his side lips was bleeding. He’s probably to drunk to even notice.

James tried to get out of my arms, “At least I stayed with her all night. You call yourselves sons and left her here.”,

“I hardly believe that,” Travis spat. “I bet you were at the bar last night. Don’t lie and say you didn’t.”,

James jerked in my arms again, “Calm down.”, I told him.

“Fuck you, Shawn.”, he spat.

Okay, now he pushed me and my wolf side. “You know what, it’s time for you to go.”, I said, moving us over to the door.

“Shawn, wait no—”, my mom started as she got up, but Travis grabbed her waist and held her back.

‘Get him out of here.”, Travis said, bopping his head at the door.

I didn’t hesitate. When I got to the door, I threw him a few feet away until he hit the wall and slammed the door in his face and locked it. He started banging on the door and cusing, but I just rolled my eyes. I’m sure the neighbors will call the cops soon.

My mom was squirming in Travis’s arms, “You let me go right no Travis Cole Gates!”,

“Fine,” he said, but he threw her on the couch and when she got to get up, he went in front of her and put one leg on the couch. “Now you listen to me, you will leave him.”,

She looked up at him with shock her mouth dropped, “Excuse me? I am the parent, Travis, you’re the child!”, she said, getting up and poked his chest.

“Well you know what?”, he screamed in her face, his chest quickly moving up and down as he breathed hard out his nose. My mom eyes flew open and gasped. “Act like a god damn grown up and stand up for yourself! Don’t let that bastard keep hitting you. You don’t need him!”,

“But—but how am I suppose to be able to pay for my rent and everything else?”, she asked.

“Get a damn job!”, he yelled and he turned away from her and pinched the bridge of his nose and he took deep breathes to calm himself down. I leaned against the door and crossed my arms over my chest, continued to ignored James. Travis sighed deeply, “Go back to college, get a good job, and there you go.”, he said more calmly to her as he looked at her. “Easy as that.”,

She looked up at him warmly and her eyes beamed a little, “Oh my—oh my god, Travis. Do you care that much about me that much?”,

“Well if someone isn’t going to take care of you correctly, I guess I have to. Stop wasting your life being with that ass and grow the hell up, mom. You let me and Shawn down already, but don’t let yourself down. You’re stronger then you think, so stop acting like a teenager who knows nothing.”, he said to her and he moved away and went over to his room and slammed the door shut behind him.

“You fucking bitch, you better come out so we can go home.”, James yelled behind the door and I rolled my eyes.

“Go away or I’ll knock you out and you find yourself somewhere you wouldn’t guess you would ever be.”, I said in boredom.

He kept banging on the door and cursing. I got tired of it; I opened the door and before he could blink twice, I punched him right in the nose and he fell on the ground passed out.

I heard my mom gasp, but she stayed where she is. I made a fake ouch face and grabbed his arm and pulled him in here and closed the door. “He’ll be fine…I think.”, I joked, smirking. I saw the concern face on my mom face and I made an annoyed face, “Just joking, he’ll be fine. But I don’t about his nose.”, I said, walking over to the fridge and grabbed a grape soda.

“Shawn?”, I heard my mom come up behind me and I turned around. I leaned against the fridge and raised a brow. “I’m—I’m sorry. I know I haven’t been the greatest mother, but I’m really am sorry.”, she said. “I love you boys so much and I’m sorry I never showed it.”,

I took a sip of my soda, “Okay.”, I said.

“I love you, you do know that, right?”, she asked.

I shrugged, “I guess.”,

We stood there a moment, looking at each other until she went over to the sink and grabbed a napskin and started cleaning the blood up, “So, how was—what’s her name again?”,

“Makenna.”,

She nodded, “Rigtht—ouch,” she hissed when she touched her nose. “She really is pretty, Shawn.”, she said, sounding a little nasally when she slightly pinched her nose and tilt her head backwards. “She looks like a nice girl, to.”,

“She is,” I said, smiling at the sight of Makenna in my head and her giggly smile.

She turned back around and walked over to me, “So, how was it?”,

“It was good.”, I said. I reached in my back pocket and brought the iPhone out which already has some songs on it since Makenna quickly hooked up her new computer and we played around on by looking up songs. “Her mom got me this and she got me this.”, I said, lifting the tag up a little. My mom took it and turned it around and chuckled.

“You must really like her.”, she said.

I took it back and dropped it on my chest as I leaned up, “I really love her.”, I told her and started walking over to my room when she said.

“You father also said that me.”, she said. “You don’t love her, Shawn. You wouldn’t know what love is. Love isn’t real.”,

My hand balled up into fist, but I stopped when I remembered the iPhone. My head jerked slightly and my wolf was from pissed off now, but I control him. I took a deep breath before putting my iPhone back in my back pocket.

“You know something, mom?”, he asked. He turned around, “Just because love was ruined for you, doesn’t mean it is for me. You decided to sleep with a married man and you pushed him away after.”,

Her eyes widen and they glossed up, “How—how can you say that to me?”,

“Cause, it’s true.”, I said. My father, Jack Moyer, is a rich man who seemed to ‘loved’ my mother, but he left after I was born. But he wanted to see me a few years later and even sent money—hell, he even sent Travis money—but my mom bitched him out and said we didn’t need him, which was a total lie since it was before she met James and we lived in this awful trailer. Hell, he even asked her for custdy me and Travis.

But I’m not going out there to go look for him—it’ll be a waste of time.

“He lied to me, Shawn.”, she said, tears sliding down her cheek.

“So?”, I questioned, giving her disbelief. “Everything it not about you, mom. It was about me and it’s because of you I grew up without a father and a messed up life. He wanted to take me in and you know what you did? You let me down.”, I said, turning back around and pulled my hood up as left, needing a run terribly bad.

-------

Soooooo sorry it's short, but I just wanted to see what it was like with Travis and Shawn with they're mom. The song is totally for her! Isn't she just horrible? I'll try to update in a few day for make up!

Vote-Fan-Comment