The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty.

This is a special chapter since it has Alpha Dylan POV. It's in third person since it's mostly Shawn and Makenna story. Hope you guys like it! Vote and comment. 

----- 

Alpha Dylan:

Dylan felt the bed move and an arm around his waist. He jerked himself awake and leaned his head up to see Makenna had move from laying with her mom to him. Her little head was laying on his chest with her mouth slightly open. Her right arm was draped lazily over his stomach.

His thoughts went to when she was little and would always crawl up to him and lay on his chest as she slept and he'll be watching tv until he gets tried and lays her next to him, but she would always hold him. She was pretty stubborn as a baby and never wanted to hold a teddy bear, but Dylan.

He smiled down at her and moved her dark hair away. He put his arm around her shoulder and his other hand laid on her arm. Makenna nose wiggled and she rubbed her nose against his shirt and sighed as she began to fall back to sleep, "I...love...you...daddy," she mumbled and she was really mush mouth, but Dylan heard her.

He haven't herd those words from her ever since she was two and it was in the curt room. He was told he could say goodbye and she told him she loves him and that she can't wait to go to the park again. He pained him to hear her say that and he even cried that very night.

But to hear her say it now, it made him feel like such a good father. He missed out so much of her life and regretted now fighting for her harder. Makenna was so more like him then he thought.

His daughter and Cassie are the only two things in his life he ever got right and he be damned if he lets them go again. He remembers when Cassie told him she was pregnant. Of course he was shocked since they were always playing it safe, but then he felt like the world got brighter. A mate and children were most important to a male wolf. He didn't even care if it's his baby was going to be a wolf or not, just as long as he has her in his eyes.

Dylan wonders if Makenna realizes she half wolf. She may not be able to turn, but she has the talents of being a wolf.

Gymnastics for one.

A wolf is very fast and well skilled. Her vision absolutely perfect and she pretty strong for being a girl. She has to stay busy or she'll go insane. She's very dominant and possessive without her even realizing. She's fast when running, though not fast like a male wolf.

Just because she doesn't shift doesn't make her a wolf and if Cassie just lets Dylan mark her, Makenna body will change better; she'll be faster and stronger.

Dylan felt Cassie side move and he turned to see her looking at Makenna as she blinked herself awake. Once she realized what Makenna was doing, she smiled and reached out, running her fingers threw her hair.

"I think she couldn't wait to hold someone like that again.", she whispered to him. "Usually, it's me. She would hold Jackson sometimes, but not often. You were always her favorite teddy bear.". She leaned over and kissed Makenna shoulder and rubbed where she kissed with her thumb, "She doesn't know this, but when she was growing up and I would see her sleeping, she would talk in her sleep and say your name. She doesn't remember being little, but she dreamt of you I guess, but never remember when she wakes up. I never felt so guilty in my life when she would say your name or daddy.",

Dylan felt so touched at what she said. To know Makenna at least dreamed about them made him feel happy. He looked down at her and rubbed her shoulder with his hand that was draped over her shoulder, "She's a good girl, you raised her good, Cassie. She's so beautiful and wise.",

Cassie didn't speak for a moment and Dylan turned to look at her to see if she was still awake. She had this nervous look on her face, "Dylan,"

"Hmm," he moaned.