The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nine.

Makenna:

"Are you okay, sweetie?", my mom asked as she stepped into my room the next morning. After crying my eyes out last night, I ended up falling asleep without me realizing. But I woke up at seven, but I haven't gotten dressed for work and my mom was all ready to leave. I was lying on my bed on my stomach on my bed and my cheek was lying on a pillow as I stared my tv that was playing a movie.

"I'm fine.", I mumbled. "Just don't feel well.". She reached her hand out to touch my forehead, but I leaned away, "I mean, I'm not sick, but I feel horrible.", I sighed. Why does Shawn make me feel like this? Why does he make me feel so obsessed over him? Is this is even normal to think of one boy at every second of the day? Probably not.

My mom crossed her legs and forwards her eyebrows, "What do you mean, Makenna?",

I only ever have converstations with my mother when I can and I don't really have anyone else to talk to. "Boy troubles.", I sighed again.

"Boy trouble?", my mom asked. "You like a boy?". I nodded my head, "Oh, well, what kind of trouble, Makenna. Maybe I can help.",

"He's the new kid in town, Travis Gates brother.", I told her.

"Oh, I herd about him. Blonde hair and blue eyes?", she asked.

I nodded my head, "Yup, with an amazing smile to kill for.",

My mom let on a small smile, "You like him...a lot, don't you.",

"You have no idea.", I said. "He started working at the dinner last night and well, he kissed me. I swear, my mind was spinning.", I said, smiling at the memories of how Shawn lips felt against mine.

My mom mouth dropped, but she looked excited, "He kissed you? Well, does he like you back? What is the problem, Makenna?",

I sighed dramatic this time and leaned up on my bed, my back pressed against the hard board of my bed, "That's the thing, I don't know. He's so...confusing sometimes. I know pretty much he doesn't want to be with me since he left me outside the dinner after kissing me and his voice sounded like he didn't care about anything else but work. Ugh, I want to be with him so bad, but look at me!", I said, waving my right hand all around me. "I'm no Miranda Stargaze.",

"Oh, sweetie, your beautiful. He's missing out on a great girl.", she said. She got up from the bed, "How about this, I'll get off work early and we'll go shopping. Let's make this Shawn boy pay for leaving a wonderful girl outside alone.", she smirked.

"Oh, mom, you don't have to do that. I mean, you should save that money for future bills and-",

She put a hand on her hip, "No, Makenna, we're going shopping today for a few outfits. I have moneys saved up in the bank, don't ask me about it. We're gonna go to Dots, Debs, and Rue 21. I have enough money saved up to take my daughter shopping. Even, they say retail therapy important when your depressed. We're going to show Shawn what he's missing.", she chuckled.

"And what if that doesn't work? What if he still doesn't want me?", I challenged, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Trust me, this will work. I kind of did the same thing in high school when I liked this one boy. Boys are no different than when I was in high school. We're going to get your hair done, get you some new cloths, and some natural looking makeup since I don't want your pretty face caked up.", she said, running one of her hands threw my hair.

"But mom, that isn't nessac-",

"No," she said, cutting me off. "We're doing this and your going to like it weather or not. I'll be home at five and you better be dress, understand?",