Chapter 1

Note: Michael in this fic. Fetus as heck bc killer. ^^^

Luke slaps his flannel pocket for his carton of cigarettes and soon sighs with relief. He puts one between his parted lips and lights it quickly before taking a long drag. Today had been hard; he was drowning in work and bills he was yet to pay were stock piling. Needless to say he was stressed and smoked more than his fair share of cigarettes. He knew it was a nasty habit but he always found himself going back to them.

One cigarette turns into another and he quickly finds himself on his final one which makes him groan, trying to savor the last of it. As soon as he lights it, the tip gone an embered orange, he hears someone say, "Y-You should really stop smoking," The voice was soft, harmless and caused Luke to look up, meeting a pair of jade eyes which shown under the harsh streetlight above them.

"Quitting is harder than it looks, sweetheart," Luke mutters, kicking the gravel under his feet.

"Why do you do it?" The small, delicate boy asks, pushing a piece of sandy blonde fringe from is face.

"It makes all the bad things disappear," Luke replies gruffly, tilting his head back to expel the smoke toward the stars.

"What bad stuff?"

Luke looks up at the younger boy with a shrug before saying, "What's your name?" It was a lame attempt at switching the subject but the stranger at his side goes along with it.

"M-Michael," His voice trembles, fear shaking his vocal cords and Luke can't help but smile slightly at his innocence.

"What're you doing out here so late, Michael?"

"What's your name?" Michael mutters, using the same avoidance tactic as Luke had. As soon as the blonde voices his name, a small grin flits across Michael's mouth which he quickly hid behind sweater paws. "Pretty," The word was small, most likely not meant for Luke to hear so he pretends not to and finishes off his cigarette instead.

---

So this chapter was short bc it was meant to be sort of an intro into the whole story. Hopefully it wasn't too shitty.

-Landen xx

Word count: 370