Chapter 32

Here's a selfie my sister and I took after we won something at a claw machine. I'm the one in the back who looks like a complete wreck. Oops. Words in italics are a flashback !!

---

Michael stood with his head down, eyes locked on the kitchen tiles when Shawn entered the house, eyes blazing with fury. "You managed to embarrass me again, Michael," He hisses, voice sharp, much like his gaze. 

The small boy looks up, ashamed and wraps his arms around his middle as he says, "I know, I'm sorry," He then thinks back to the dinner he and Shawn had been at. The burly boy had Michael tag along to a bar where he and Shawn's friends would eat nachos and watch football and the small boy was left awkwardly sitting there, picking at his chips, unsure what to do. He was never one to pay close attention to football so while Shawn and his friends shouted profanities or praise at the TV with beers in their hands, Michael sat fiddling with his fingers. 

Michael had told Shawn that he was heading off to the bathroom and had bumped the pitcher of cheap beer, spilling it all over one of Shawn's friend's jeans. The broken boy had then stared in horror at the large wet patch and grabbed a wad of napkins, dabbing at his jeans as he sputters apologies. 

When he had looked up at his boyfriend, he saw Shawn looking the angriest Michael may have ever seen him and he winces, knowing what was up next. Shawn then took a hold of Michael's arm roughly before ordering him to the car, informing his friends that they were leaving. On the drive home, Shawn had insulted Michael the whole way there until the small boy was holding back tears. 

Shawn had been shoved Michael into the house, leaving him stumbling and now here he was, shaking with fear in the centre of the kitchen, defenseless. "I-I'm sorry," He says again, flinching when Shawn comes nose to nose with him.

"I know you are, but that's not enough, Michael," Shawn growls before slapping his boyfriend hard. Michael winces, tears finally having fallen. His lip trembled, face gone pasty white apart from the hand print that was quickly reddening on his porcelain skin. "Now get out of my sight, you worthless cunt," 

Michael slowly trudges his way upstairs, a total wreck and lets off a broken scream into his bedroom pillow, completely at a loss. 

The memory of the first time Shawn had hit Michael had come back to slap him in the face when he takes in Luke's angry expression. The smaller boy had just informed him on what had happened after his day at work two days ago and flinches away from his boyfriend when he raises his hand up to run it through his hair, expecting the worst. "I can't fucking believe this," Luke growls, disbelieving. "He can't keep doing this to you, Michael," He sighs.  

"I know," Michael whispers, unable to meet Luke's gaze. "I just don't know what to do about it," He admits. 

"We can... We can get a restraining order against him. That seems to be the only logical thing at this point since nothing else seems to be working," 

Michael nods, nearing closer to his boyfriend then, pressing a gentle kiss to his lips in the hopes of calming him. The blond had gotten over his cold the day before Michael had returned to his house and was glad Luke was feeling better although a part of him missed hearing how needy he could be. "Can we just... Can we just take things slow today? I just want you to hold me. Please," He whispers. 

Luke nods almost immediately and scoops Michael up in his arms, feeling the small boy burrow into his chest. "You'll be okay, love," He murmurs and the smaller of the two nods, hoping one day he'd believe it.  

***

"Hey Luke?"

"Yeah, babe?"

"Thank you for being so sweet to me," Michael murmurs. 

Luke kisses Michael's temple with a fond expression and says, "There's no need to thank me, sweetheart. You deserve it," His voice is soft, despite his punk appearance and Michael smiles, running a hand through his boyfriend's hair which had since flattened from it's quiff hours before. 

"Maybe," He mumbles. "But I don't deserve you," 

The blond turns to look over at his boyfriend, pressing a kiss to his lips. "You deserve more than me, babyboy," He whispers, rubbing circles into the top of Michael's free hand. 

The red haired boy feels himself blushing a similar colour which makes Luke's grin widen. "N-No," He says, looking down. 

Luke tilts Michael's chin up, forcing them to lock eyes and says, "Yes, bub," before kissing the tip of his nose. 

Once Michael's blood blush had begun to fade, he kisses up the underside of Luke's jaw and says, "You're an idiot," with a giggle which may or may not have made Luke fall for him even more. 

---

I pretty much forgot that I made Luke punk in this story. Jeez I really suck. I was expecting this chapter to be way longer than this but I'm a piece of shit so of course not. I started adding the word count at the bottom of my chapters so you can all see what a terrible author I am. Oops. Much love. 

-Shianne xx

Word count: 911