Chapter 28

I hate my handwriting ew ew but here's a list of things that make me happy. As you can see, a lot of them are 5sos related. Oops.

---

Michael feels awkward around Luke for the next few hours. He felt completely exposed even though he shouldn't. He felt as if he were standing in front of the blond completely naked, showing off every inch of himself which made him squirm with discomfort. He had never told anyone when he wanted to purge; he just did it without thinking of the consequences. "You're doing good, Mikey," Luke murmurs into the small boy's neck.

"What do you mean?" Michael mumbles, eyebrows furrowed.

"You could've just made yourself throw up but you called me instead. That's making progress and I'm so proud of you,"

Despite the situation, Michael finds himself smiling slightly. "You're really proud of me?" He whispers.

Luke finally looks up at Michael, nodding. "Of course I am."

"How're you so good at this?" Michael asks, sighing. "How do you always know what to do and say?"

Luke simply shrugs, breaking their gaze. "Sasha dealt with the same thing," He mutters and Michael feels his face pale.

"She did?" Michael asks, voice incredibly soft. Luke hums quietly, burying his face back into Michael's neck. "Is she okay now?"

"She's getting there," Luke replies.

"How's your mom?" Michael then asks.

"She's... the same," The blond replies and Michael can feel him frowning into his skin. "She said you came to visit her a little while ago. That you told her about everything with Shawn. She's really happy you trust her like that,"

"She's like the mom I never had," Michael replies. The small boy never talked much about his family and home life and Luke knew better than to ask; he would tell him when he was ready and now surely wasn't that time.

"I'm gonna miss her,"

"You don't know that she's going anywhere. She could get better," Michael murmurs.

"She has stage four liver cancer and it's spreading just about everywhere else. The odds are pretty fucking slim," Luke replies, voice harsh and Michael frowns but continues to rub the top of the blond's palm.

"Whatever happens, it'll be okay," He promises with a kiss to the top of Luke's head. The blond sits up with a small smile and nods before pressing his lips to the small boy's. The kiss was short, no more than a peck before Luke rests his head back down on Michael's shoulder, wanting nothing more than to stay wrapped in the comfort Michael always provided. 

***

"Hey Michael?" The small boy looks over at the lanky one beside him with curious eyes. 

"Yes, Luke?" He replies softly, the pairs of both of their hands tangled together. 

"Would you like to go out on a date with me?" 

At first Michael thinks he hears Luke wrong but as soon as he finds him looking over with hopeful eyes, he finds out he had been right. "U-Um," He stammers, feeling his face go bright red. "Yeah, that sounds nice," When he looks up at Luke again, he finds the boy grinning from ear to ear and Michael wishes that would happen more often. 

It had been a few hours since Luke had come over to Michael's house and Ashton had just come home. He sat with the two for a while before saying he was going out with Clarke for the night and would be back in the morning which left Michael and Luke with the whole house to themselves. As they continue laying in the safety of each other's arms, Michael can't help but feel nervous about this date. It wasn't that he hadn't gone on dates before, because he has but he knew whatever Luke was planning would be completely different from what Shawn had ever done for him. 

"We're going to have a great time," Luke says, as if reading his mind. 

"Okay," Michael murmurs and Luke smiles, pulling him close.

"You're so beautiful," He mutters into Michael's hair. The broken boy finds himself blushing again and he shakes his head, embarrassed. 

"No I'm not," Luke tilts Michael's chin up so they're nose to nose before kissing all over his face. The small boy giggles loudly which causes Luke to giggle through the kisses, wanting nothing more than to stay exactly like this. As he looks down at the beautiful boy, he can't help but wonder how Shawn could treat him so poorly. Michael deserved the world and more yet Shawn made him think otherwise. 

"I really like you," Luke murmurs once Michael's giggles had died down. 

"I really like you too, Luke," Michael replies, smiling wide. Luke pecks Michael on the lips once more before settling back down on the bed and pulling him to his broad chest, never wanting to let go. 

---

This chapter was short as heck but also super fluffy so I hope that makes up for it. Would you guys want shorter chapters but quicker updates or longer chapters and slower updates? It's up to you guys because I'm stuck in the middle and have mixed feelings. 

Thank you for almost 7k and NEARLY 700 FOLLOWERS. That's craziness. Why do that many people care about me? Also, I got many positive reactions to my cat so if you want to see tons of her you can add me on snapchat at heyitsshianne She's like my little shadow and barely let me be on my computer to type this up. Plus my sister is pretty sick of me sending her tons of snaps of Poly so I'd be willing to share them with everyone else lmao 

There was something else I was going to say?? Hmm. I forget. Anyway, the date chapter is next and I have no idea what I want Luke to do tbh. I'm the worst wattpad author out there because I have no outline whatsoever. Oops. 

Much love. 

-Shianne xx

Word count: 999