Chapter 14

Here's a page of my bullet journal that I'm fond of and think is rather important. Please excuse my very terrible handwriting. Anyway, on with the chapter.

---

Michael stands with his hands clenched together and eyes locked on the doormat. The small boy had shown up at his shared apartment with Shawn in the hopes of getting his clothes yet as soon as he walked up the front steps, he realized how much of a mistake it was for him to come. He had knocked moments after planting his feet and soon the door opened, the thick boy stand in front of him. "What're you doing here?" Shawn hisses.

"I um-- I came for my c-clothes," Michael murmurs, not looking up.

"And that blonde asshole isn't with you?"

"Not since you and your dumb apes jumped him," The small boy replies with a roll of his eyes. "Now move. I don't want to be here longer than I have to," He shoves past his ex boyfriend and walks to their once shared room, opening up their closet and dresser drawers before grabbing a spare duffle bag and throwing his clothes into it haphazardly.

"You don't want to give this another shot, Michael?" Shawn asks softly. "I'll be better for you," He promises.

Michael instantly shakes his head, stopping for a moment just to glare in the boy's direction before continuing to pack. "Hell no," He says. "I'm not going to give you a second chance. You don't deserve it. You abused and raped me, Shawn. In no way is that okay," His voice comes out strong and confident, something that shocked Shawn yet he doesn't give up.

"C'mon, Michael. It was just a mistake. You love me, don't you?"

"A mistake?" Michael growls. "You have the audacity to call what you did to me a mistake? Maybe a hit or an insult could be a mistake but not this. You've hit me dozens of times. You raped me, Shawn. That's not a fucking mistake," He zips up his bag before going over to the boy who had once controlled his life and slaps him hard across the face. "How's that feel, Shawn? Does that seem like a mistake to you? How about this?" He continues before pulling his fist back and ramming it into the boy's jaw. "Or this," He hisses as he shoves the shocked boy against the wall. "Or this," He snaps before kicking the boy hard in the shin, causing him to fall to the floor before Michael kicks him in the stomach. "Doesn't seem like a fucking mistake to me. And this is just a small taste of your own fucking medicine,"

Michael then grabs his bag from their bed before walking out of the house, leaving Shawn in a heap on their floor. Halfway down the driveway is when Michael finally looks down at his knuckles only to find them bloody. His eyes instantly widen, body shaking profusely as he continues on his walk. The stunned boy somehow makes it to their smoke spot, setting down his bag before rubbing at his knuckles, wiping away his ex lover's blood. Low swears leave Michael's mouth as he grabs his carton of cigarettes from his pocket, shaking one out and twirling it between sinful hands. He flicks his lighter only to ignite sparks and never a flame which causes tears to well in his eyes. "God damn it!" He says, throwing the lighter down and crushing it under the heel of his shoe. He then grabs fistfuls of his own hair, a strangled scream leaving his mouth as tears cake his pale cheeks.

"Michael, what's going on?" He hears a calm voice question.

The small boy turns to face the voice, only to lock eyes with the beautiful blonde he had last seen days before. "I-I'm turning into him. I'm turning into Shawn." He whimpers.

"What do you mean?" Luke asks softly, confused.

"I went to his house to get my clothes. He called what he did to me a mistake and I exploded. I beat him up and I-- I just didn't care," Michael says, continuing to rub at his bruising knuckles. "I-I'm turning into him," He repeats. More tears pool in the small boy's eyes and he finally breaks gazes with the lanky blonde. "I-I'm a monster,"