Chapter 30

"I feel like shit )))-:" That was the text Michael woke up to from his now new boyfriend and he's frowning as he reads it. He puts on a fresh outfit, tugs on his shoes and leaves the house, heading to the store. Michael very rarely had to take care of ill friends and family considering he tended to avoid sicknesses as if his life depended on it but this was Luke we were talking about. Of course the small boy couldn't ignore him.

Michael grabs a basket, throwing a plethora of medicines, tissues and other various items into it, not exactly sure what was wrong with the blond and snags a Redbox movie before leaving and heading to Luke's. He opens the locked door with the key the lanky boy had hidden outside his door and is barely able to slip out of his shoes before he hears thunderous coughs coming from Luke's bedroom.

The redhead strolls into the room, movie and grocery bags in hand and says, "God, you just asked me out yesterday and now I have to play nurse?" with a small smile.

Luke looks both pleased and worried to see his boyfriend and mumbles, "I didn't know you'd come over. I don't want to get you sick,"

Michael rolls his eyes, sitting on the bed which was littered with crumpled tissues and says, "Shut up, Luke," The blond laughs but they soon turn in to harsh coughs and he winces, causing Michael to frown. "I got you tons of medicine and like, soup and shit," He says, moving the tissues to the trash with a grimace, sitting next to the boy moments later.

"Sorry about the mess," Luke whispers, wiping his nose on his sleeve causing Michael's disgust to worsen.

"It's fine." He promises. "Just take this medicine, yeah? It'll make you feel better," Luke nods yet looks unsure as his boyfriend pulls out all of the different types of medicine he had bought. "So what's exactly wrong with my boy?" He asks.

"I um, I've been coughing a lot and I puked a few times. My nose is runny and I keep sneezing. This shit is so fucking annoying, babe," Luke whines and Michael laughs, scanning the labels and finally picks one up, handing it to him.

"Seems like it," He replies as Luke downs the liquid medicine with a grimace.

Michael inserts the movie he had gotten and smiles slightly at his boyfriend who was already back under the covers. "You don't have work today?" Luke murmurs.

The colourful boy shakes his head and kisses him gently. "Nope. Not until tomorrow,"

When Michael tries kissing his boyfriend again, Luke shoves him away weakly. "I'm gonna get you sick," He whines and watches as Michael pouts adorably.

"I don't care," Michael shrugs and goes in to kiss him. Luke is unresponsive for a moment and Michael grins devilishly before straddling his boyfriend and grinding down against him. The taller of the two moans lightly and Michael takes his chance to slip is tongue into Luke's mouth, which tasted of cherry cough drops.

He then runs his hands through Luke's messy fringe, tugging on it gently, emitting another moan from the blond. The two stay like that for a while until Luke has to pull away, coughing into his sleeve. "Sorry," He winces, blushing.

Michael laughs, falling into bed beside the boy and says, "It's fine, baby. We have many other opportunities to make out. I'm not going anywhere,"

Luke nods, eyes drugged with tired and wraps his arms around Michael's middle, falling asleep within minutes. Michael kisses the boy's feverish forehead before eventually doing the same.

***

The small boy wakes up to the familiar sound of retching. He frowns, getting up and walking down the hallway as he calls his boyfriend's name and stops in front of the bathroom as the noise starts up again. "Luke?" He says, opening the bathroom door. His frown deepens as soon as he sees his boyfriend leaning over the toilet, a sheen of sweat at his hairline and he says, "Oh baby..." voice incredibly soft.