Chapter 25

"I'm having a bad day and I'm not really in the mood to talk to anybody," Michael mutters when Ashton comes into his room to inform him he had made breakfast.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asks regardless of the fact that Michael wanted to be left alone.

"I miss my family," The small boy whispers, eyes brimming with tears. "I called my mom yesterday and she pretty much blew me off," Ashton frowns, pulling his friend in for a hug and Michael stays painfully stiff in Ashton's arms, sniffling softly. "Maybe I'm as terrible as they make me out to me. Maybe I deserved every hit that Shawn gave me. Maybe I deserved to be touched like he touched me. M-Maybe--" Michael's voice cracks and the tears finally flood his cheeks, finally having broken down. "I can't do this anymore, Ash,"

Ashton shushes him softly as he rocks the two of them back and forth gently. "Yes you can. You're so strong, Michael. You've been through so much but you're still the same Michael I've known for years. You don't let your past experiences change you and that's something to be proud of,"

Michael finds himself nodding slowly before he hugs his friend tightly. "Thank you," He whispers before getting up and dusting himself off. "I'll be back," He promises and after Ashton gives him a light smile, he gets in his car and drives to a place he never thought he'd go.

***

"Hey Liz,"

Michael's words seem to shock the blonde woman yet as soon as she sees the small boy, she bursts into a smile. "Hello Michael. Haven't seen you in a while. How are you?"

"I'm alright," He replies which is only partially true. Michael spares Liz the trouble of asking her how she is, already knowing the answer, the pale, broken state she was in was the reply in itself. The two of them sit in silence for a few moments before Michael says, "I really like Luke," His voice comes out small and he fiddles with his fingers anxiously. "I... I want to date him but I got out of a rough relationship a little while ago and I'm not ready."

Liz nods, sitting up and resting her elbows on her knees, cupping her face in her hands as she does so, giving Michael her full attention and encourages him to continue so he does. "His name was Shawn. He hit me a lot and degraded me to the point where he made me feel lesser than dirt. He um... He raped me more than once. I feel disgusting, you know? No one should go through that." He feels tears prick in his eyes and he sniffles pathetically yet pushes himself to continue. "He always told me that I was fat and that I didn't deserve to eat so I started making myself throw up. Luke, he... He caught me doing it one day. I stuffed my face while he was out shopping and then I stuck my fingers down my throat and he caught me. Y-You should've seen his face. He wad devastated. I let him down,"

Michael is sobbing now and Liz motions for him to near her bed and once he had done so, she pulls him in for a hug. She whispers reassuring words to the distressed boy, holding him tighter and suddenly, Luke and Ashton's arms aren't the only ones that felt like home.

---

This chapter was short and really shitty so I'm sorry for that. I've been going through a lot lately. I've been having breakdowns all week. I feel like trash and cry over stupid things along with not so stupid things. I'm also going through a ton of scary shit and jut need someone to talk to so if someone would please PM me or something that'd be great. I sound so pathetic I'm really sorry ))-:

Last chapter didn't go over very well and that also makes me sad. My writing has been fucking terrible lately so I guess it's understandable. Sorry I've been slacking so much.

I hope you're all doing better than me. Please stay safe. Much love.

-Shianne xx

Word count: 699