Chapter 2 - Modesty

"The reality of modesty is that your Allaah should never see you where He stopped you from."

By bringing modesty in our lives we will bring a huge portion of Imaan in our lives.      

Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said something to this effect: "Modesty is a branch of Imaan(faith)."
(Bukhaari and Muslim)

The example of a person who is devoid of modesty, is like the example of an apple that is peeled, after a while it begins to turn brown and if it's left longer eventually it begins to rot. The same way if modesty is stripped off from our lives, we will rot and decay into an indecent and immodest society. 

Allaah Ta'aala loves bashfulness and modesty and shaytaan, who is our greatest enemy wishes for indecency and immodesty to prevail. Shaytaan makes great effort to rip and snatch away the modesty from every person. 

It is the duty of every Muslim to protect themselves from immodest behaviour and actions, as modesty is our colour,our respect, our dignity and our honour. 

The students walked towards their lockers, after filling their starving bellies

The students walked towards their lockers, after filling their starving bellies. Some lagged behind, discussing the latest gossip, some boasted about their trips that they had planned for the holidays, some discussed what they planned to do during the upcoming weekend, while others gathered their books and scurried to class. 

Amongst the crowd, a group of three close friends walked side by side, after munching on their favourite goodies, satiating the monsters in their tummies, that begged to be refilled with treats, like oreos, hershey kisses and perhaps some frappuccino and Krispy Kreme as well.

Alas the only fuel that was available was oreos and hershey kisses, for unfortunately the school cafeteria could not provide them with the latter two. Oh what a pity! A huge sigh of disappointment !

If only the school cafeteria could allow a Krispy Kreme and Starbucks pop up shop, they would drag their behinds out of bed and make sure to be on time for school. Perhaps such a suggestion should be made to every school principle.....

"I was thinking next weekend is easter weekend, which means  a long weekend, how about we all go out together with our families, spend a whole day  somewhere, maybe?" , Yusaira asked her friends Amatullah and Humaira, while they walked towards their lockers.

Humaira gasped, stopping in her tracks and stood in front of Yusaira with her hands on her hips.

"What?"

Yusaira and Amatullah were used to Humaira's dramatic behaviour, but they were confused as to why she gasped so dramatically on the mere suggestion of spending a day together, as if it were some crime.