Chapter 10 - Mysterious Caller

"The love of Allah is like the ocean, you can see it's beginnings, but you cannot imagine it's width and depth. Allah SWT loves you immensely in a way you can never imagine."

The sound of the house phone reverberated throughout the house, causing both of them to run towards it at top speed

It was a habit they had from small, racing for the phone, and even though they were not really children anymore, they would still do it. Old habbits die hard after all.

Yusaira grabbed the phone from its cradle, just before Leyyas' fingers could grasp it.

She frowned at Yusaira, who stuck her tongue out in return, struggling to get her breath back so  that she could answer the woman who repeatedly asked if anyone was there.

Just as the woman was about to cut the call, she heard a breathless voice.

"Assalmaualaykum."

For some reason that voice sent tremors through out her body, could it be?

When she heard the girl on the other end echoing a hello, she cleared her throat, pushing aside her thoughts.

"Wa'alaykusalam."

"Who would you like to speak to?"

She asked politely.

"Lutfiya please."

"My parents are not home.
May I take a message?"

"Umm okay, that's not a problem. I wanted to speak to Lutfiya, when she gets home tell her that it's urgent and she must please phone me back as soon as possible."

Yusairas heart thudded in her chest.

"Okay I will do that."

"Jazakumullahu Khairan my dear."

"BarakAllah!"

" Are you Lutfiyas' daughter?"

"Jee I am."

"Ma Sha Allah you sound so mature and grown up now. I havn't seen you in a while. What's your name again? I'm so terrible with names?"

She smiled at the woman's blabbering, it reminded her of herself when she was nervous.