Chapter 35 - Companionship until Jannah.

"One day you will look back at the most difficult times of your life and you will smile at how you got through them and how you grew through such experiences, but Allah knew from the beginning that you were able to get through it as He promised not to test any of us beyond our abilities."

* * *

Her turquoise chiffon scarf embattled against the wind, her glossy black pumps crunched the  leaves beneath her delicate feet, her black pleated dress danced to the tune of the wind.
A soft and serene smile beautified her face, as she walked hand in hand with Suhaib.

They stopped at the middle  of the bridge, leaning against the railing.

He stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, his chest pressed against her petite back.

She blushed at their proximity, they were only married for four days now and she was still not used to this closeness, it made her shy and jittery.

She mentally huffed, why did it seem like he was totally cool and calm about all this, he wasn't  nervous at all. She on the other hand just couldn't be herself just yet. It wasn't fair how comfortable he already was!

They stayed that way, enjoying the view of the blade river.

Since Suhaib had found out that she was a nature lover, he had decided that there is no  better place for their  honeymoon than the Eastern  Transvaal.

He had visited a few of  the places with his family and he knew it was the perfect place. There were so many sites to see, like potholes, the bridal veil fall, mac mac falls, the Berlin falls, God's window, the cave, the Kruger national  park and so much more. He was lucky that he found good and affordable accommodation in Hazeyview.

When they had arrived the hotel room had a romantic ambiance to it, with tea light candles lit, illuminating the room, fresh rose petals scattered all over the bed, the scent of fresh roses and the smell of candles gave the room a cosy and romantic atmosphere, but he wasn't one to rush Yusaira into anything. There was no hurry, he wanted her to be comfortable around him, he wanted her to be at ease and not be so jittery and nervous, that is why he was taking things slowly and she was thankful for that.

He still hadn't told her anything regarding his past, she didn't know about him drinking and being addicted to drugs, she didn't know about Ameera and she didn't know that Zahra's death was all his fault, she  didn't know that he smoked. She had no clue, and he was afraid that if he told her, she would think differently of him and she would feel betrayed for not knowing his dark side. He already loved her too much, he would never be able to bear her being distant and cold towards him, he knew it was only right to tell her, but he didn't know how to go about doing it. He was so afraid of losing her and that held him back from spilling his deepest secrets to the love of his life.

He had already lost his most beloved sister Zahra, Taeeba was civil towards him, but never behaved the same way she used, he couldn't lose Yusaira as well.

He was like a withered plant on a cold winter night, lifeless, broken and discarded, but she waltzed into his life like the  beautiful rain of spring, fragrancing his life and showering  his dead heart with the droplets of her love and affection. He was not the same as before, for his scars and nightmares never ceased to leave him, but he was blooming with happiness once again.