Chapter 12 - True believer.

Nabi صلى ألله عليه و سلم said something to this effect:
"A believer is neither a defamer, nor a curser, nor coarse nor obscene "

***

The hands of the clock continued ticking away. Each tick infuriated him further.

Time waits for no man, continuing it's duty of circulating its hands around the clock. Unfortunate are those who do not know the value of time.

Suhaib had been returning home late for a while now and he needed to know what was going on.

His anger had reached its peak, however whenever he was angry Zainab's words would always replay in his mind, she always calmed him down in situations like these.

Unfortunately she had not been well for the past week so she had retired to bed early.

He closed his eyes,  while he massaged his temples.

"Luqmaan honey don't insult the chid and call him bad names, speak to him nicely and explain to him. Sometimes a scolding is needed but don't curse and defame a child. "

"I once read somewhere that bad words directd to a child teach him cursing, which later he will use against others, including his parents or relatives. He might also gradually believe that such negative attributes reflect his true self which is terrible for self esteem."

He used to have a terrible temper initially, but Zainab had been a patient wife and still is. She taught him alot of things and assisted him to get rid of alot of bad habits, Allah bless her always, she was such a good wife.

He knew how it was to be involved with the wrong company and the effects it has on a person, after his father's death he was only seventeen years of age, his mother had fallen into a depression and he resorted to drugs.

Once he was twenty five his mother got him married to Zainab.Their marriage had not been an easy one, for he was still heavily addicted to drugs and sometimes he would return home drunk, yet his dear Zainab bore every single bad habit of his most patiently.

One dreadful night he had returned home, drunk out of his mind. As usual she would stay up waiting for him. All she wanted to do was assist him in freshening up and tuck him into bed. Due to being thoroughly intoxicated, he hadn't realised how hard he had pushed her, that she tumbled down the flight of stairs. Until he awoke the next morning, he found her unconcious in a foetus position on the living room floor, blood stains visible on the carpet.

He had rushed her to the hospital, hoping she would be okay. What he had heard from the doctor's left him shocked and shaken, his wife had been expecting, she had already reached the end of her third month, and due to the fatal fall she had miscarried.

What shattered him further was the broken look in her eyes when she had told him that she prepared an exquisite dinner and dressed up prettyily as she had found out that very morning that she was expecting.
She had even gone to the doctor with her mother that very day to confirm the news, she had been so excited, over the moon ! Yet the turn of events left her completely shattered. She hadn't been herself for a good few months, and he had resorted to drinking every day, drowning his worries in intoxicants.

One morning she had sat him down and told him she had had enough and that she wanted a divorce.

That's when he was shaken out of his misguided assumptions. That day he realised that becoming drunk and running away from his problems was not going to solve anything, he had to face it and find a solution. He had also realised that he had become so accustomed to Zainab, even when she was upset and not herself. Her presence was enough to comfort him.