Chapter 24 - A tattered soul is claimed.

Chapter 24

A tattered soul is claimed.

"Turn to Allah, before you return to Allah."

***

The machines beeped repeatedly, his heart sped frantically, the family whispered the kalima as his father recited it along with them, each one had their heads lowered, as tears streamed down their faces.

A blessed soul had been claimed back to Allah, a tattered soul that breathed, but never truly lived since his son had caused him distress. He had prayed and he had hoped, but he had not once turned back and asked his father for forgiveness, he had changed and he had remained that way, hard hearted, arrogant, rude and heartless and today, when it was too late and his father battled to breathe, he regretted his behaviour, but there was no use now, was there?

His father had left this world angry and disappointed with him, no matter how much he cried, no matter how much he mourned, he would never return...he was gone for good and he left, unhappy with his son.

As his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he breathed his last, finally departing from the cruel world, his brother stepped forward with tears in his eyes, he pulled the sheet over his face, breaking down as the reality hit him.

Each of them walked out one by one, every one of them stopped by him, giving him a look of disgust and dissapointment, before walking out of the ward, not one of them stopped to console him, no one, not one person, except for a young girl who lingered a little longer, trying to meet his gaze, she couldn't really console him, but the least she could do was give him a consoling smile and silently convey her condolences, and even though everyone hated him, she was still there for him.

She waited, but he didn't notice, his head was still lowered in shame, tears dripping from his eyes.

Eventually she left, silently closing the door behind her.

After the last person stepped out and closed the door, he strode over to his fathers lifeless body.

Taking a deep breath, he gently removed the sheet from his face, staring at his serene and calm expression.

He looked like he was sleeping peacefully, the only difference was his chest never rose and fell, he was lifeless, he had departed from this world and he was unhappy with him.

He kissed his fathers forehead gently, he hadn't kissed him in such a long time, he rested his lips on his fathers forehead as his body shook. He sobbed silently, as the tears rolled down his cheeks and onto his fathers face.

He held the bed as he cried.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry... please don't leave me, please! I want to be a better son, I love you. I...I really do...I promise I won't cause you any more gief, please just open your eyes and look at me."

It was too late now, no use apologising. He would never hear, when he had the chance he never did apologise and treat him in a good manner.

He covered his fathers face and slid down, onto the floor, he sobbed with his face buried in his hands, he was a failure, he was the wost son ever, he would never ever be forgiven for the grief he caused his father.