Chapter 23 - Never judge a book by its cover.

Chapter 23

إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ يَهْدِيهِمْ رَبُّهُم بِإِيمَٰنِهِمْ ۖ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهِمُ ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ فِى جَنَّٰتِ ٱلنَّعِيمِ

" Those who believe, and work righteousness,- their Lord will guide them because of their faith: beneath them will flow rivers in gardens of bliss."

(Surah Yunus, aaya 9)

***

Suhaib embraced her as she cried on his shoulder.

The memories were still vivid in her mind. She had been all alone at home, neither her parents nor her brother and sisters were home.

She sat up, her hand still in Suhaibs.

"I was all alone at home, my parents, sisters and brother went to go and visit an aunty of mine that was ill. I had returned home from school with a terrible headache and I wasn't feeling very well so I had stayed home. Not long after they left I fell asleep. The constant ringing of the doorbell woke me up, I was scared to open the door, as I was all alone, but when I peeked from the window and saw that it was uncle Firaaz, my fathers close friend, I opened. He came in with a parcel, asking for my father. When I had told him my parents were not home, he enquired if anyone else was. After he heard that, he went over to the front door and locked it.
I told him I will be in my room if he needed anything and he said he will wait for my father in the living room."

She closed her eyes, it was so difficult to talk about that day, it was as if though she was living that miserable day all over again.

Suhaib squeezed her hand.

"You don't have to tell me it's okay."

She shook her head, she needed to tell him, she hadn't told anyone besides for her family and after witnessing her families reaction, she was too scared that people would judge her or treat her the same way.

"I was resting on my bed, about to fall asleep once again, when I heard my room door being closed and locked.
I jumped up in fear, when I saw him approaching me with a smirk on his face. I thought he was just playing a prank on me, but I was wrong. He....he pinned me down on the bed and he...he kissed me forcefully, he then touched me inappropriately and he took away my dignity. He was a big built, strong man ...no matter how much I cried and screamed, no matter how much I tried to escape him, my weak and thin body was no match for his large one. I was terrified, I was broken and right till this day, he haunts me in my dreams. After my parents abandoned me I was sure he would come back for me, so I had to tell my friend and when she told me to move in with her, I grabbed the opportunity."

Suhaib fisted his hands on his lap, if he found that man, he would beat him up till he learnt his lesson. How dare her parents blame her for an animalistic act committed by that barbarian!

She smiled at him, wiping away the rest of her tears.

"I find peace when I'm with you Suhaib and even though we don't know each other for a very long time I trust you. I know you are definitely different from the rest. I don't think you should be here, unlike the rest of us who turned to sins to ease our worries you've got no excuse, save yourself before it's too late Suhaib, you have a bright future ahead of you. Perhaps if I were your type or if you didn't mind having a wife like me, I would have married you any day, but that would be very selfish and unfair on my part, I can never do that to you."