Chapter 11 - Stranger Unveiled

"Behind every beautiful life, there has been some kind of pain.
Behind every woman of strength, there has been sleepless nights and buckets of tears shed."

Lutfiya looked at her husband, who looked utterly confused, but she knew exactly who it was!

"That is rather strange " Zain finally agreed.

"It's a prank Yusi, why did you even listen to the woman?"
Laeeq laughed.

Lutfiya shook her head, her face paled. She placed her hands on the table, as if saving herself from falling.

" It's Ruqayyya! "

She whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear.

A stunned silence hovered over the family.

Yusairas heart plummeted to her stomach. She turned to look at Lutffiya who had spaced out, a distant look in her eyes.

"She...she said that you should phone her immediately, it's very urgent."

Yusaira managed to convey the message through a choked sob.

Lutfiya nodded, then immediately made her way to the living room, her heart thudding violently.

Leaving the family behind in stunned silence, streams of tears ran down Yusairas cheeks.

Zain and Leyya cleared the table, then excused themselves from the dinning table with the excuse of doing the dishes.

They scurried towards the kitchen, leaving Yusaira and Laeeq alone.

Laeeq stared at his sister as she covered her face with her hands, her body vibrated with silent cries.

He walked towards her and settled down on the chair alongside her. He put his hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.

Immediately, she leaned towards him, crying on his shoulder as he patted her awkwardly, not muttering a word.

"Why ...why did ss-she phone n-now? Why didn't she ever phone before?"

Laeeq merely patted her back, he had no answers for her. He didn't know himself.

She sniffed, trying to hold back her tears.

"No wonder she fell dead silent when I told her my name. "

"Laeeq, why does my mother hate me so much ?"