Chapter 14

A/N : PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! This chapter contains some explicit language and some sexual situations. If you are under age or do not like such things please do not read that part. I have marked the said portions with *** stars so skim over that part if you like.

At ten thirty p.m., Brielle got off at the bus stop wearing a long overcoat over her black dress. The simple dress didn't show much cleavage and ended just above her knees. Amanda had said something about "leaving things to the imagination". The pair of black heels borrowed from Amanda, made her stand tall. Every step she took, made her think she would fall or twist her ankle.

A necklace made of light pearls adorned her neck, while small pearl earrings hid behind her falling locks. She constantly glanced at the watch on her wrist. With a fancy strap it easily doubled as a bracelet. 

There was nothing to uncomfortable about, but Brielle couldn't help it. She felt insecure and imperfect underneath the light touches of blush and mascara.

"What am I even doing?" she asked herself as she tripped over a broken pavement tile.

Zachary had asked her to meet him at the famous Vermont Restaurant, in the heart of the city. Brielle disliked the hustle and bustle of the busy commute and usually preferred quieter places. But she knew Zachary had chosen the place just so she would feel special.

He must have saved for months before he could actually take her to the expensive restaurant. Brielle was eager to meet him and thank him.

"I guess I really do love him." she thought as she gained a skip to her steps as she neared the tall building. She had a big smile on her face as she boarded the elevator to the fifth floor. She was alone in the big compartment and was glad when she'd reached her floor.

The doors opened and a chaotic scene greeted her.

"What do you mean there's no table available?" Zachary, dressed impeccably in a suit was yelling at the receptionist. "I made the booking a month ago."

That's weird, thought Brielle. They had only started dating a month ago. Had he always known the day they would want to take a step further in their relationship?

"We're very sorry, but we cannot provide a room at this hour." said the smart looking man behind the counter. He had a thin fine black mustache like a magician.

"Why the hell not?" shouted Zachary slamming his fist on the table, precariously shaking the delicate glass vase placed on it.

"Please don't do that Sir." said the man reasonably. "If you damage anything, you will have to pay for it."

"You fucking bastard---" yelled Zachary. He hadn't noticed Brielle walk up to him and tap his arm gently.

"Zachary?" she said softly, looking at him. She was afraid. Zachary had always been even-tempered and well-mannered around her.

"Brielle?" he said calming down instantly. "How long have you been here?"

"A while." she said worry evident in her eyes. "It's alright if we can't dine here. Lets just go somewhere else."

"I'm sorry Brielle. I wanted this night to be perfect for you." he said sullenly.

She kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear, "I don't like fancy places, anyway."

"So get take out and go to my place?" said Zachary his defeated eyes lighting up.

"Yes." said Brielle as he lifted her off her feet and kissed her passionately.