Chapter 42

"I'm late for class!" shrieked Brielle as she looked at the alarm clock.

Jack rubbed his eyes as he sat up on the bed. "It's morning already?"

"Yes!" said Brielle as she almost flew to the bathroom.

"Brielle, wait, its only seven o' clock." said Jack rushing after her after glancing at his phone.

"I know! Class starts at eight and I need to catch the bus at seven thirty, because there's no way I can catch the one at seven fifteen. It takes forty five minutes to reach my University, so that means I'll be fifteen minutes late at least. First class is with Stewart, the time-keeper. Shit!" said Brielle in a single breath.

Before Jack could respond she had stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

"Foolish girl." muttered Jack shaking his head as he turned around. He reached for his phone and dialed a number.

"Hey Arthur get the car ready, we'll be down in twenty." said Jack, a smile playing around his lips.

"Sure thing Sir." said Arthur happily. He had received his license last week and was more than happy to spend some time with Jack's BMW.

Jack took a quick shower and put on his business suit. He thought he would start his day early, like Brielle, and catch up on the work he'd missed out on at Dixon Enterprises.

"Jack!" called Brielle as she met him at the staircase. She was dressed in a floral cotton top and blue jeans, a bag slung over her shoulder. She looked so much like when he'd first met her that Jack had to resist the urge to take her back to bed.

"I'm going to skip breakfast." she announced before racing down the stairs. "See you Jack, have a great day!"

Jack cursed under his breath as he chased after her. He managed to grab her wrist as she was about to dash out the door.

"Gabrielle Dane, will you please stop running and listen to me?" he said sternly. Brielle calmed down after a while and eventually stopped fidgeting.

"What is it?" she asked reproachfully looking at the watch on her wrist.

"Come and have breakfast, then I'll take you to the university myself." said Jack pulling her to the dining room.

"But I'll be late!" she protested.

"No you won't." said Jack firmly.

Brielle followed him, sulking and took her seat at the table. Her stomach grumbled at the sight of toast, pouched egg and orange juice.

She started eating as fast as she could, barely chewing her food.

"Brielle, honey?" asked Jack as he managed a mouthful for every four of Brielle's. "I thought I was engaged to someone who can't digest their food whole?"

"Well you thought wrong. I can." she said ignoring him. "Well, I'm done! Toodles!"

She was about to fly off again, and there was nothing he could do to stop her. Jack sighed as he abandoned his meal and went with her.

"Jack, you don't have to alter your schedule to accommodate me," said Brielle as he led her to the waiting Audi R8. Her eyes widened at the sleek, elegant black painted model. "Whoa, that's the car you'll use to drop me to University?"

"And drive myself to work, yes." said Jack as he opened the door for her.

"Wow." said Brielle as she slipped inside, a grin plastered on her face. Jack smiled. She hadn't really changed at all, despite everything that she had been through. He hoped she never would get used to all the luxury he could offer her; he loved seeing her appreciation and surprise at being presented with such things. She made the investments seem worthwhile.