chapter4 : only for him

an update ^_^

-----------------

"i'll take my leave now uncle, assalamualaikum" he said as dad went to see them off at the door, i stayed back to clean the tea cups and trays. while on my way to kitchen i felt someone's gaze on me from the opened door, when i looked i saw him looking at me but then he looked away. weird. after seeing them off, dad came back in and sat on the sofa. i looked at his worn out and tired face, he is already under diabetic stress and over that the work pressure, i need to graduate soon to take over for him, he clearly shouldn't handle so much of work load.

"baba, your tablets" he opened his eyes and gave me a soft smile.

"jazakallah beta"

"wa antum fa jazakallah khair" i replied handing him the glass of water. i was about to go make dinner when he stopped me.

"jannat wait" he said calling me back and pat the seat beside him gesturing for me to sit. i went over and sat near his feet, this was better.

"yes baba"

"will you hear out this old man completely without drawing conclusions beforehand?" he asked as i frowned.

"yes baba"

"will you marry for me?" he asked with hope shining in his eyes, i looked at him shocked, like WHAT!?!

"marriage?" i shrieked as i saw him flinch, i immediately regretted my action, i calmed down and relaxed, do not draw conclusions, i kept on repeating to myself.

"this is going to be harder than i thought" he muttered then gave me a guilty look.

"see i am growing old, and as per my medical reports i can be  dead any time now" he said solemnly as i covered his mouth.

"never say that astaghfirullah"

"death is something we all have to face some or the other day" he chuckled.

"before i die, i want to make sure you are placed in safe hands" he said with tear filled eyes.

"i will do anything for you" i said after a long silence. marriage is something we all need to do some day, i just reacted that way in the first because it was like dropping a bomb on me, i mean not everyday your parents say you that you have to get married. i just wasn't prepared to take up the wife responsibilities, but now i guess i can will myself to do so.

"mashallah, that's great, thank you habibti" he said hugging me and crying on my shoulder, i patted his back.

"its okay baba, you have always given me whatever i wanted and even more, fulfilled all my wishes and took care of me just like both, a mother and a father. this is nothing in front of all you ever did" i whispered smiling.

"when did my pie, grow up so much?" he laughed, as i groaned.

"baba" i whined as he smiled and put his hand on my head.

"do you have anyone in mind? a potential spouse?" he asked frowning as rolled my eyes.

"baba you know me, and this question is clearly absurd, i hate the male species......of course except you" i winked at him as he shook his head.

"i have someone in mind" he said tensing the atmosphere. i looked at him wide eyed as i got nervous all of a sudden, i was having a gut feeling that this is something bad.

"who?" i dared to question.

"you know him" he said looking at me. i looked away, is it some cousin? maaz, no he is a pervert, rashid, i don't like him, ahmed, nah he doesn't like my attitude, raheem, all he cares about is external beauty, sajjid, he is disrespectful to his community and allah..

"aabid" my dad says cutting into my thoughts as if he knew who i was thinking of, i looked at him shocked as i gulped, him?, the one i hate?

"he is opposite from all your cousins and so i thought choosing him would be wise, besides you were childhood friends." he said giving me a soft smile, i don't remember of any such childhood where we were friends, more like eternal enemies for no apparent reason or maybe there were. he had an attitude problem......only with me.

"oh"

"are you not happy?" he asked frowning, sadness clouding his eyes. i don't want to disappoint him. i don't care whoever i am marrying, its my dad, my only guardian, who chose him, no other choice can be better, than his or allah (swt)'s, i smiled at him though i knew i was trying my best to.

"yes i am, anything for you dad" i said as he jumped in joy, i have never seen him so happy any time recently.

"oh subhanallah, thank you beta" he said with tears. i wiped them away as i smiled.

"beta you made me the happiest dad of the era" he said chuckling as i joined in.

"don't worry about your college, i already spoke with him and he is fine with you going to college, but beta still pray istikhara, to confirm your decision from allah (swt)"

"inshallah i will" i said as i got up to make dinner. this all for baba, only for him.

------------------------------------------------------

sorry if it was short :P