chapter 18: his queen

sorry for the extremely late update but here you go. thanks once again for your amazing support and continue to do so, it really lifts my spirits.

this chapter was updated in haste so forgive any grammatical errors, nothing much in this chapter but more to come.

so vote, comment and enjoy.

(not edited)

jannat

last week was oddly amazing. well kind of, i'm glad he is following his deen now, when i woke him up for fajr, he did get up, then i taught him how to pray, years of not practicing, made him forget. i was happy that i was the one guiding him back on the right path, it gave me an odd kind of satisfaction. right now i was boiling the milk for ilham and baking some muffins. it was a sunday so i was free from all kinds of studies and so was planning to spend time with ilham while aabid was still sleeping. today it was holiday for the maids and servants and ammi had gone to visit her daughter and would be back next week, so i had to manage a hectic schedule this whole week.

"what are you making?" a masculine voice startled me from behind. i lowered the temperature and looked behind to see him sniffing the air, he looked like a dog and it almost made me laugh. he gave me his dimpled smile and i blushed. i turned around so he couldn't see me. last week's kiss was enough to send my hormones to a haraam party, if i hadn't pulled back at the right time, we could've crossed many boundaries and i don't want to do so at least for now, plus it was my time of the month. i don't want anything to happen till i trust him completely, otherwise it wouldn't be out of love but it would be of just mere attraction, and i don't want that.

"i'm baking muffins, and was wondering what to make for lunch, what do you want to eat?" i asked him as he made himself comfortable on the kitchen counter next to the oven beside me.

"be careful you'll burn yourself" i said pushing him away but he sat there arrogantly.

"actually no need for lunch today, we are going outside" he said smiling at the clock.

"sorry, ilham's not well, so its strictly homemade food for her"

"don't worry, its just going to be a small outing at my farmhouse, you'll get to cook over there" he smirked at me as i stirred the milk and looked at him with surprise. this past week he was away at his office which wasn't unusual, but this is.

"you and talking about outings?" i raised an eyebrow as his smile disappeared and turned into a frown.

"why i can't?" this made me sad.

"wait i didn't mean it like that, you know i was just saying that, this is so amusing, i mean coming from you, its totally unexpected" i murmured as he grabbed me from behind and turned me around.

"i know i was busy with work this whole week but allahmudullilah, the necessary documentation is done for the new project so i'm free now, i was even thinking about a trip" my eyes were as wide as saucers now. a picnic?, a trip? sounds fun but.....

"you know we never had our......um what do you call it? honeymoon" i narrowed my eyes as he started laughing at my blushing red face.

"no ways, not now, my exams are coming and ilham's school is starting from next week" i said and put on my baking gloves to take out the tray of freshly made muffins.

"we are going this week" he said smiling.

"to where?" i sighed.

"somewhere, but for now lets go to my farmhouse, its in this beautiful countryside where you'll find acres of greenery" he gave me a cheeky grin as i mirrored his expressions.