chapter 13: giving up on dreams

you people are the best i can't believe the way we are crossing the vote goals, allahmudullilah. so i couldn't help but update. as i said i don't like to keep you guys waiting. so now i have decided something. i won't keep a vote goal. i'll update once every week as right now i have a lot of studies to do and hardly anytime to be on wattpad. so please don't mind if i don't reply to all of you comments but inshallah i'll see and try.

thanks for all the support, i think we will be able to cross 1k before the next update? then again i won't get my hopes up too high because i believe in honesty and sincerity. basically its a story with everyday life lessons, values and morals in it. so vote if you find it good and to the silent readers too, vote if you enjoy reading the book.

aabid's pov

"congratulations sir!" this was i guess the millionth time i heard that word. i nodded and smiled politely. our walima was small and i still needed to throw an office party in celebration of my marriage. well it feels no different to be a married man, not like how zohaib's elder brother zaib had said it was. zohaib and i had to sit through the whole conversation for the sake of politeness when we were just bored out of our minds listening to his endless lovely moments.

"sir we have a meeting with the bernard&co. after lunch and because this is a joint client with mr. elamin we would need a signature of his daughter too as he has already retired and given his position to her" john informed me as i rubbed my head.

"okay, can you please get me a black coffee?"

"sure sir" with that he went out.

the companies were merged and now i had to look over a huge empire of my father as well as the additional chain of companies all over the world by uncle mustafa. jannat will sure take up his position but i'm worried as to how she is going to take up ilham's responsibility along with the business. i can't force her out of her dreams and i don't know how she will take it when i tell her that she is now the ceo of her father's huge company. now i have to go back home and pick her up for the meeting. sigh! its going to be a long day.

-------------------

i entered the house just to smell a lovely tempting smell of something cooking, wafting throughout the whole living room. i made my way to the kitchen to see her speaking a foreign language into her phone. when i went a little close i learnt that she was trying to learn spanish and huge pot of something was cooking behind her. she was almost about to lean on it when i went and pulled her away. she squealed and came crashing onto my chest as electrifying waves went throughout my body and i immediately made a decent distance between us.

"why did you pull me?" she snapped. i glared at her, i saved her back and now she was complaining instead of showing gratitude.

"look behind you"

"yes there is biryani cooking in that, so?" she raised her eyebrow

"you were about to lean on it, and burn your back, honestly how clumsy can you get jannat?"

"wait oh" realization hit her and she looked at me with apologetic eyes.

"yeah oh, i had actually expected a thank you for saving me or something like that instead of something so rude" i said.

"i'm sorry, its just that you startled me" she said turning red, that shade looked good on her fluffy cheeks, wait what the hell am i thinking.

"its okay, where is ammi?" i asked taking an apple from the fruit bowl and biting into it.

"she is in the garden planting orchids and dahlias." she said. switching the gas off and taking the huge pot as i rushed to help. i didn't want her clumsy self to get hurt again after this morning. she was a responsibility given to me by mustafa uncle and he trusted me to take care of her. i wouldn't want to upset him. people might think we are young couples falling in love, but no, she is just a mere responsibility and her father has trusted her to me and i'll make sure she is safe till my last breath. love is a irrational term in my dictionary. it used to exist but now it doesn't.