chapter 5: a positive sign?

i opened my eyes to bright sunshine shining into my eyes, i closed them back immediately. i opened them again to see lush green grass all around me. where the hell am i? i got up immediately and took in the smell of the surrounding area. it was a fresh smell of lavender. my mood suddenly felt relaxed and light. i looked down at myself to see that i am in a white colored gown. wait, when did i change and where am i? helplessly and aimlessly i walked around for a while and then came to a halt seeing the magnificent view in front of me. there was a freaking glass castle with clouds floating around it. this is a freaking fairy tale. those clouds were white, when i looked above me, i just saw black and gray clouds hovering around. i frowned, this meant it will rain.i ran towards the castle in hope of finding help but then it started to rain. shit. i increased my speed but then i tripped and tumbled down in the mud. it was raining heavily and the castle had disappeared. i cried as i couldn't get up but then i heard neigh of a horse. from the thick jungle emerged a white horse with someone mounted on top. i squinted my eyes to get a better look but couldn't make out anything.

the horse rode till where i was and then i felt the figure give me a hand. i knew that it was a man though. i kept my hand on his and felt the warmth transfer into me. he lifted me up in a swift motion and i was in front of him. he rode the horse and the horse picked up speed. i saw that the black clouds weren't there anymore nor was it raining. sunshine peeped through the clouds as i felt relieved. the horse stopped in front of the castle as the man got down. i took this chance to see his face, it was aabid. what the hell? then with a jolt i woke up. i looked around to see the familiar surroundings of my bedroom. i was sweating badly. i felt happy that it was a dream but then realization hit me. it wasn't only a dream but an answer from allah(swt). he saved me from the rain, is this a positive sign? i need to ask jihan. she is a psychiatrist, she must be knowing. i though i will ask her to meet me today after lunch. i looked at the time. the clock read 6. i sighed and got up and made the bed. after taking a shower i went down to make breakfast. on the kitchen counter i saw a note.

sorry habibti, i had some work so had to go out, i don't think i'll be back until after maghrib. take care and i made breakfast today. its in the microwave :).

i smiled at the note. my dad got to prepare breakfast but only on rare occasions, mostly because i never let him do anything. i heated up the food and then ate in silence dwelling in my own thoughts. projects, assignment and marriage. now all the tons of difficult project and homework seems like nothing in front of the whole marriage thing. i don't know what the dream means, but i have a gut feeling it is something positive. so that is it. did i really find my other half? i don't know. i am scared, nervous and strangely happy about it, but aabid? the man i practically hate? for what reason.....i don't know. well i guess its mostly because we insulted each other a lot. actually i do have a reason to hate him.....he was perfect in every way, he hadn't suffered what i had. on contrary i felt that this reason was downright absurd. i can't be jealous of his perfect life, now can i? i shook my head and then weighed my sins comparing them to his. he didn't pray, i did, but does that really make me a good muslimah, because at a certain period of time in my past i had strayed off and even though i did pray, my actions out weighed them. i know he is hurt because of his family's early death, so that justifies his irrational behavior, but my heavy sins burden my broken soul and guilt chokes me up every single day i see the mirror.

i got up and out of my thoughts as i knew i would soon drown in a ocean of nostalgia if i go further more deep with my thoughts. i washed the dishes and called jihan.

"assalamualaikum jan, can you just hold on for a moment, i am changing aman's diaper" i smiled when i heard two soft whimpers in the background. she was blessed with two wonderful twins, aman and amina. they were barely one year old. i loved them to death. it was a good thing she had already gave birth to them before ilham had gone back with her brother, because she had cried a bucket full of tears when ilham was going back, if the twins wouldn't have been there then i don't know what would have happened. my sister and i are very much obsessed with children for some odd reason, and attach to them pretty quickly, reason why we cry every time we say goodbye to our cousin's children and likewise.

"yeah so what's up baby sis" i laughed at her trying to speak in a funny accent.

"nothing much, so how are aman and amina?"

"they are perfectly fine, but i am not" she made a fake sad voice, and i knew it was fake.

"why?"

"because you didn't bother to ask me how i am doing"

"oh my god, i was coming to that part"

"chill buddy i was joking so.......i heard a good news" i groaned at her excited voice. of course dad would have consulted her to know her opinion.

"he told you"

"yes of course, i am your sister and i need to know whether my baby sis is in safe hands or not" she seemed offended.

"i didn't mean it like that jihan, anyways so you approved of him?" i asked.

"yes, and don't give me that 'you know that we are eternal enemies and despite that you approved' speech, cut those crap, from childhood i knew you two are perfect for each other, you know enemies at first and then i am pretty sure you guys will fall in love after marriage, just like those wattpad stories" i sighed, we both were big fans of wattpad, it was a site where we could pour out our emotions and portray them through our characters.

"but jihan this is reality, not a virtual world of stories with non existent characters"

"shut up, don't go all philosophy with me, i want you in safe hands and on the contrary i may have suggested him to dad before he could think of anyone else, even though i knew aabid would be his first choice." i gasped.

"you suggested him?" i asked ridiculously, she should have asked me once or told me that dad was planning to get me married.

"yes"

"you should have told me-

"so that you could scream, and throw a fit?" she asked calmly. she knew me more than i knew her. after our mother's death she took care of us just like a mother.

"i wouldn't have"

"jannat you and i both know that chances of you not screaming would have been -1 percent"

"okay i admit i would have, but still.......anyways do you have some time to spare today?" i ask.

"why baby sis is missing me?" she asked in a sing song voice.

"i guess but i need to discuss something too"

"what is that?"

"i prayed istikhara, but i'm still not sure what it means, i need your help."

"sure, meet me at donna's cafe, sharp at 6 in the evening, okay?"

"fine"

------------------------------------------------------

so what do you think the dream means.......well it is obvious that its positive.....but what does it exactly mean.

do you like jihan? isn't she such an awesome sister?

what do you think is going to happen next and what do you think about the sins?

vote...vote...and comment :)