chapter 19: demons of the past

*hides herself*

sorry for the late update :P

aabid's pov

what's the definition of color? whatever it maybe, to me it is only one word, and that is jannat. she painted the black canvas of my life with her vibrant colors. within two weeks of our marriage she has had me in her grip, and i'm still confused whether its a problem or the best thing that could ever happen to me, i'm in her clutch, which in other words is paradise, and no man in his right mind would like to come out of it. i want to, because i can't afford to destroy her paradise with the demons following me or i fear that i myself might be one, destroying her slowly, and i definitely don't want that to happen.

"hey dude what's up? i see you got married and now you're day dreaming of your wife huh?" ahmaz raised a teasing eyebrow at me as i laughed it off.

"leave me, tell me about how your life has been?"

"bachelor, travelling around and having fun, oh yeah not to forget the work too" he said the last part grimly.

"your life is fun man, you should cherish it, even if there is work"

"uh huh, work maybe fun for you, but it isn't for me, and your life isn't fun?" he raised an eyebrow at me.

"well, of course it is, after....." i started but he started to laugh.

"obviously it will be, over all you're married now" he chuckled just as jannat brought in the tray of snacks for us. she had kept her gaze down to the floor and somehow she seemed a bit off after ahmaz came, maybe she wanted us to be alone. wait what the hell am i thinking? indeed she is driving me crazy.

"jannat why don't you come sit with us for awhile? you wouldn't want to miss ahmaz's stories about his world tour, they are really something to laugh about" i offered, thinking this might cheer her up. she looked at me and then looked away.

"n-no, uh i have to go check upon ilham, i think she has a fever" with that she rushed out. strange she never stutters.

"your wife seems to be nervous around strangers" ahmaz remarked sipping his tea.

"no she is behaving strange today, she is usually very loud" i said worried by the fact that she is disturbed.

"hmm, so what about sarah" my lips froze on the edge of the tea cup as i heard her name, the name i so wanted to forget.

"what about her?" i said casually sipping the tea, showing him that, that name didn't affect me in any way.

"you can fool the world, but not me, sarah is still alive you know" i choked on the hot drink and kept it down as i looked at him bewildered.

"what do you mean? she died in that shoot out caused by ali, she died in my arms" i let it out painfully.

"did you see the face of the person who died in your arms?" he asked quietly. a dead silence fell upon the room.

"i didn't, it was completely destroyed, he destroyed it, there was no other girl at that spot who could've been killed" i bellowed as ahmaz put a cold hand on my shoulder.

"there were two others apart from sarah, before the bullet hit my stomach, i had pushed sarah into a ventilator, through which she could crawl out, then you saved me" my eyes widened at this revelation.

"why didn't you tell me before?" i grabbed him by the collar.

"easy there man, she didn't want me to tell you that she was alive" i felt the ground beneath me slip as i fell to the ground. the only girl i had loved so much wanted to hide from me?

jannat's pov

my heart was in my mouth. i hadn't meant to eavesdrop but landed up doing it. i was about to go away when i heard sarah's name. that struck a chord in my memory. then ali. who could ever forget that vicious name. the cause of all my miseries. my eyes widened as the whole story unveiled. never in my wildest imagination had i thought that aabid would've been involved in the same mess i was a few years back. the mess in which i had lost my twin. i knew sarah was involved in all of this but that day no one made it alive except me and ali or so i had thought. listening to this part of the story shocked me even more. ali as far as i know had fled the country before investigation began. jannah's face was completely destroyed but because our DNA matched our family got involved in it. somehow we escaped the grief and pain of jannah dying and also forgot about her existence. especially my dad. only Allah knows how he managed to suppress his emotions at that time to save me from this mess.he didn't cry in front of us, never, but i know that he had felt immense pain and cried secretly, who won't when they see the dead body of their child? i heard movement of getting up from inside the room which brought me out of my thought. i quickly rushed to the next room and slid down the bed post. slowly the tears came out and then the cries. i tried my best to muffle it. how much ever i try to stop them, it comes out. every single time i remember that horrible day.

"jannat where are you- what happened?" i heard the concerned voice aabid as he sat next to me. i didn't dare to look up.

"why are you crying?" he asked lifting my face to look at him.

"n-nothin, i uh hit my head on the bed frame when i was trying to uh search for my handkerchief in here" he narrowed his eyes clearly not believing me.

"tell the truth" he frowned.

"nothing its just a small hurt"

"stop lying, tell the truth"

"nothing-

"tell me, so i can help you-

"just leave me alone" i shouted frustrated. shit why did i do that.

"fine do whatever you want, you know you're not the only one with problems, everyone has, and staying alone is not the solution" he left my shoulders and the impact pushed me back a few inches. more tears fell and blurred my vision when i saw his retreating back. shit what have i done?

----------------------------------------

yep another fight, sorry for something bitter during ramadan :P, but you guys wanted an update and the sad stuff come along with happy ones. there is more to come in the next chapter. who had thought they both will be stuck in the same mess. this is just the starting, it will complicate as the chapters go by.

no questions for this chapter but guys please comment what you think. and tell me your views.

sorry for the short chapter :P