chapter 29: failed promises

hello there lovelies,

i know i haven't updated in awhile but here is a compensation for the long wait. it is a pretty long chapter if you ask me, at least compared to the other ones.

this chapter is going to be a bit harsh. the updates from now on will be regular or so i hope because we have been through half the book already.(celebrations on reaching half the way ;), just to reduce the gloominess ahead :P) this chapter might be the turning point of jannat's life and you would know why it is in the next chapter.

so vote, comment, and share.

warning: a bit harsh and not edited.

------------------------------------

aabid's pov

everything seemed to be dissolving in a world of oblivion. my vision was blurred with unshed tears and i was unable to comprehend what was happening to me or my life. ridwaan helped me track out ahmaz and i am on board to my flight to australia along with zohaib.

"buddy there is still a lot of time left to reach, i think you should catch some sleep" zohaib said patting my shoulder shooting me concerned looks.

"no" i replied hoarsely and turned my head away. its true that i haven't slept since last three days, my eyes are burning with sleep as well as tears. whenever i close my eyes her face flashes in front of me. it has been three days since she left. no calls, no signs, nothing. her friends are worn out of worry and i am dying each and everyday.

"whom are you benefitting this way? i am sure if jannat was here she wouldn't want to see you in a zombie state"  i knew zohaib was trying to lighten the mood but i didn't have any energy to reply so i kept quiet. he sighed.

"trust me aabid you are just hurting your loved ones, the ones who are seeing you now and even the ones who aren't, do you think any of your family members or jannat would want to see you in this condition?. what are you getting by torturing yourself? please aabid listen to me and go to sleep" he said as he patted my shoulder and closed his eyes. i tried to close my eyes only having nightmares of my beloved sister and her.

-----------------------

jannat's pov

i am at that point of life where you don't know whether you should laugh or cry. i scanned the crowd only to let my hopes fade.i landed here approximately two days ago and since then called ahmaz to meet me and return ilham. he promised he will only if i accept his condition and with a heavy heart i did. the only condition was death. i knew it would come some day, but didn't expect it to happen so soon. i asked him the reason, why did he want me to die?

his answer?

i reminded him of my twin, who apparently turned his life upside down. i agree she had committed many mistakes and i wasn't complaining that i was the one to pay the price for them, but what upset me the most was that i couldn't live up to the promises i had kept to my near and dear ones. i had promised my father that i would be the best daughter in the world, make him proud and i really don't think, i succeeded. i promised jihan that i would always support her and fulfill all my responsibilities with making them my utmost priority. i failed in this too. i had promised my friends that i would always live my life to the fullest, clearly i didn't. all i could recollect were the few good memories of my childhood and recent years with them. most of which hurt me was the promise i had made to my husband, my first and last love. the promise to never leave him and stand by his side always and forever and now i'll never have the chance to do that. it was hard letting him go but as they say, you let them go if it is for their own good, it doesn't matter how much it hurts you or how much you love them. i had made a promise to jannah too, be the best muslimah, maybe not the best but at least someone to please her lord and then the promise i made to myself, to protect ilham no matter what and be a mother to her, not a sister-in-law. i will protect her even if it is at the cost of my own life. as i sat on this cold bench memories just flooded in. how all of these began, just came back as painful flashes.