chapter 24: we meet again

i am extremely sorry for the extremely late update! :(......................there was a lot going on and besides i have my exams starting this week. i am sorry i think i won't be able to update the upcoming few weeks or maybe this whole month. you guys are lovely and i love the support, just have sabr. i will surely update or maybe if luck provides, i'll update soon, then again no promises. 

continue voting, commenting and most of all enjoy.

p.s - i am sorry if i cannot reply to the comments, trust me i am not getting the time to even read them :( i will surely read and reply when time permits. 

(not edited)

sorry for the short update.

jannat's pov

i froze in my place. a scream was ready to escape my throat but in the fear of getting caught or maybe we are caught, but i kept still. sweat beads formed on my forehead.

"what happened?" meera whispered and flashed the torch on me and her eyes were wide too. i dared to look down and the biggest shock welcomed me. aabid. once he saw me, his eyes widened too and in moments his expression changed to that of anger. he looked like he could bite off my head.

"so we meet again" i said timidly.

"what are you doing here?" he stressed on each word and pulled me down and put me on the ground. i looked anywhere but him.

"what are you doing here?" i questioned back. he narrowed his eyes.

"i asked first"

"on a picnic" i said stubbornly. in the dim light of his torch i saw him roll his eyes.

"yeah right, picnic in a damn manhole with rats lurking around" i shivered. rats. i hate those pesky little creatures. 

"okay this is not the time to fight" some other man whispered and i recognized him as zohaib.

"guys seriously what's going on?" zohaib asked.

"we are here to hack into the system and trace the mafia gang and then hunt them down, find ilham and then put all of the members in jail" meera grinned as asma flashed the torchlight at her.

i looked at aabid and he was glaring at me.

"this is not your typical action movie, this is real life. its not as easy as it sounds" zohaib smiled tenderly at her.

"now i need you people to climb up and go home." aabid said and left no room for argument, but i am going to make some room for myself. i ignored him and took left along the drainage pipes as asma and meera followed me.

"didn't you hear me?" aabid said catching up to me and blocking my path. i side stepped and continued walking.

"stop jannat" it feels good to hear my name from his mouth after such a long time. i missed him. i really did. looking at his face now, it looked tired and worn out. just like how it used to be in his university days. i felt sad for him and wanted to obey but i wanted to find ilham too. i chose the latter.

"okay so guys if you are really going then we have to go the other way, you're moving in the wrong direction" zohaib's voice echoed in the sewer. i cursed myself and took an u turn as i felt him following me. i walked steadily behind meera and asma. i felt him holding my hands tightly.

" go back jannat" his voice pleaded.

"its because of me, and so i'll solve it, i am responsible for this." he sighed.

"she was not yours, she was my responsibility, i was supposed to protect her." he sounded like he was going to cry. i turned around and faced him. in the dim light i could see his eyes glisten.

"you're wrong, she was our responsibility, we were supposed to take care of her. now we will get her back together, deal?" he hesitated but nodded his head. i smiled.

"you're stubborn ain't you?" 

"runs in my genes" i smirked and continued following zohaib.

--------------------------------

aabid's pov

"okay so we have got two hackers at the moment" meera rubbed her palms once we were inside the building. my body still aches from all the squeezing in.

"who's the second one? i thought only asma was the hacker" i asked confused.

"wait so your friend doesn't know to hack?" meera looked at zohaib frowning. zohaib glared at me and punched me in the stomach.

"of course i know" he smiled at me. it was the type, go along or i'll kill you.

"uh yeah he does, of course" i said frowning.

"can you guys keep your volume low?" jannat whispered looking beyond the wall division.

"okay guys wear your masks" asma pulls out hers and then we all do.

"cool we look like spies" meera squealed as jannat shushed her up.

"more like robbers?" asma said treading forward towards the small map of the floor planning of the headquarters.

"no spies"

"robbers"

"spies"

"robbers"

"shut up both of you" jannat said observing the map.

"okay so it says the control room is on the second floor, right corridor, room 4 to the left, along with the criminal record room" she said flashing the torch at us.

"i'm surprised they haven't assigned any security in this area, they are becoming really careless nowadays and they should also do something about that manhole and the drainage systems also need to be seen" zohaib said looking around.

"you doofus good they haven't or else we would have been dead meat by now" i said smacking his head.

"guys seriousness is required at the moment" i recognized jannat's voice as she glared at me.

"okay so jannat and aabid, you guys keep a watch for any danger and signal to us through texts, meera and zohaib come along with me" 

"i suggest someone check the archive department too, i need some of their past records to know their ways" zohaib said checking the map.

"the archive is on the third floor, okay so meera, you go along with zohaib, i'll handle it on my own. aabid position yourself near the staircase and warn us if there is any danger. jannat you guard the door while i work my way." just as we were done with the planning, a flash light was flashed at us.

"who's there?"

------------------------------------------------------