chapter 23: action to be taken

i am sorry, i couldn't update earlier. i was busy with school and all. i'll take a moment to thank all my supporters and readers for keeping sabr with me. here you go, another update and hope you would like it.

jazakallah to those who took the time and pain to make book covers for this book and a shout out to all of them, i'll start updating your ideas from the next update.

also to those who are planning to send in book covers please do keep it simple, no need of faces because i don't want to give you an idea of how the characters look, its your imagination, but i did describe them in the initial chapters so that describes them quite a bit :) if you want you can imagine them however you want them :)

(not edited)

jannat's pov

i saw him getting paler by the minute he heard the other end of the conversation, i wonder what it must be. 

" summon the police right now" he suddenly barked and i flinched back at the way he did it. he threw the mobile at the wall as i saw the pieces fall to the ground. i gasped making him realize my presence.i gulped as i went near him. he just looked away and pulled at his hair and i quickly went over and pried his hands off his hair, before he could harm his scalp.

"what happened?"

"what didn't happen?" he said through gritted teeth. i gave him a questioning look.

"whose care did you leave ilham in?" he shouted. i stumbled back, my heart pounding as i realized it may have something to do with her.

"a-anaya, when i had to bring you to the hospital, i had to leave her there, i didn't want her to come into the hospital environment."

"just one responsibility jannat, just one, take care of my little sister and i was willing to bring the world at your feet, you couldn't even do that" he said with red eyes.

"i-i-

"save it" he said getting up and forcefully shrugging off the saline, i rushed and tried to stop him but he just pushed me back. i winced as my back hit the wall harshly. through blurry vision i saw him limp out of the door as nurses and doctors rushed after him. i slid down the wall and onto the cold floor, sighing in pain. its all my fault.but before all of that, my heart was throbbing with pain and tension of something happening to my ilham.

aabid's pov

i was in my office tapping my feet impatiently waiting for zohaib to arrive. that guy is always late. the tension of ilham being kept somewhere, away from safety ate me up. she's the only family i have left. her image flashed in my mind but anger and ego took over and erased the image. she was for no good. i lost ilham because of her. just one freaking responsibility and she couldn't even take care of her. on second thoughts its actually my fault. i should have chosen a more loyal servant. zohaib can be right. times change and the people change as well. i need to apologize to her but i'm not in the state to.

"aabid-

"where were you?" i practically shouted at zohaib as he flinched back but regained his posture and walked in. another man walked in and i recognized him as salim, another good friend of mine. he was in the police department.

"i am sorry-

"sorry holds no meaning at the moment" i said dropping my head on my hands.

"okay listen we are trying our best and are trying to track down anaya, but she was smart to getaway with a false number and her real number was used to distract the officers. suspicions are-

"ahmaz" i gritted out.

"no" salim answered.

"then?" i asked perplexed, i don't have any other enemies.