chapter 22: the detective friend

assalamualaikum, so how are all of you doing?

i am sorry if i am updating slow but studies are as hard as they could be :P

this isn't a very long update, neither it is short, but satisfactory ;)

you'll witness loyal friendship in this chapter ;)

i am sorry if i can't reply to the comments but inshallah i'll try to from now on wards, i read them but leave them for later to reply to but trust they are the real things that brighten up my day, thank you for all your consistent support. i love all my readers, voters and commenters. may Allah(swt) keep you all safe :)

without further delay you may go ahead and read, be happy, stay safe :)

vote, comment and enjoy

(unedited)

aabid's pov

i was seething in anger and hurt. i did the same mistake again. i fell in love. this is the second time and i am already getting the feeling of her slipping away. her tears hurt me and her innocence hurts me the most. how can she act so well? i hate people who pretend. the door swung open and zohaib came in his face turned outside and then he looked at me.

"who was that niqabi who ran out of your room?"  he asked confused, he had never seen jannat in a niqab before because she wasn't a niqabi, but i guess today after my harsh statement directed at her to not see her face again, she did this. never thought she would actually fulfill it which most definitely created great discontentment in me. i wanted to see her beautiful face that captivates everyone's attention even though she keeps herself low profile.

"jannat"

"jannat? why was she crying?"i don't understand why does she need to create dramas even when i can't see her. i thought she walked out of fright and nervousness of her dirty truth being exposed.

"drama queen" i said in disgust. zohaib was taken aback.

"whoa did you guys have a fight or something?"

"how does it matter to you and why are you here?" i grunted not in the mood to talk and who even called him here. it must be her.

"why am i here? my best friend, my brother, my soul mate, my partner in crime is in the hospital and you expect me to sit around doing my job?" he over exaggerates. 

"precisely, that's what you should be doing or perhaps look for a wife" he turned red. for some odd reason he gets shy when we talk about him getting married.

"my marriage is not happening any soon, its not until i have found the right one for me" his eyes shone. i sighed.

"its hard to find the 'one' in this cruel world" i don't care if i sound like a pessimist but that's what it is. i thought i had found the 'one', but i haven't really.

"why are you complaining? you already have found yours, even if it was arranged but you love her don't you, you indirectly confessed it last week" i regret ever telling him those details, the day i kissed her soft lips. i closed my eyes cherishing that moment but it soon turned bitter when i recalled the recent memories.

"its complicated man, you won't understand"

"mr aabid hamadi, what in the world haven't i understood of whatever you have told me till now. i won't understand till you open up dude" i sighed. i hate to admit but it was true. he knew me inside and out, probably more than my own family did. i was a complicated creature and he knew almost all of me. i narrated everything, from ahmaz's arrival to mistakenly check her messenger when she wasn't around and her betrayal. he listened to it quietly. then he sighed and got up.