Part 8

Andrea;
"You know it, princess."

You see, when the love of your life confesses their love for you, you'd think that you're first reaction would be amazing.

Mine wasn't so amazing.

"Wait, I know what this is. This is another dream like the one about my birthday. I'm not falling for this brain!" I yell, making a complete fool out of myself.

"Um.. An... I'm real, I promise," he says in between laughs.

"Sure you are! Pinch me." He pinches my arm and I flinch.

"Ouch! Damn DiCaprio, you pinch hard," I say.

He continues laughing and the fact that I made myself look like an idiot starts to settle.

I face palm myself and apologize to Leo.

"I'm sorry Leo... I'm an idiot."

"It's fine, I'm an idiot too, I didn't have the balls to tell you sooner."

"Yeah, you're pretty idiotic, thanks for the pep talk."

He laughs and then goes back to his serious stage.

"I know that you think being together would ruin our friendship, but I think it would make it better, An. I've always loved you, and I know you've always loved me. We've gone through everything together, what's the worse that could happen if we were in love doing it?"

In love.

I definitely was in love, that's a given. And what good is a boyfriend who cheats on you?

"Don't you think Jake would ruin your life if he found out we were together? And that you told me he cheated?"

"Most definitely, princess. But, you're worth it," he pauses, "Have I ever told you that? You're worth it."

"You're worth waiting for, and I've waited since we were like 5. 12 years ago, I saw you. You were on the swings, when all those other girls were being mean to you. They wouldn't let you play with them, and they didn't know what they were missing out on. Remember?"

"Yeah, haha. And then you came up to me and said, "Those girls are stupid, come play with me!" And then we ran away and became friends..."

"And now look at us. 17 year olds, growing up together, ready for whatever comes next."

He leans in closer to me.

"Can 'whatever comes next' be you kissing me?" I say lowly, since he's so close.

He smiles and closes the small space between our lips.