Part 16

Sorry for the lack of updates, expect more soon loves 💖

Andrea:

Once we arrived at the prom, everything seemed as if it was back to normal. Minus Leo's depressed eyes and mine being red from crying.

No one asked what was wrong, I don't think anyone really cared.

But, Leo and I had an amazing time together. Somewhat.

"Will you dance with me?" A slow love song began to play and all the couples filled the dance floor. I wasn't surprised to see Jake with another girl, and it actually didn't bother me.

"Of course." I replied, caught up in the moment. Too caught up to realize that my answer should've been no.

He takes my hand, and glances at me. His blue eyes are still sad and it makes my heart melt.

He looks amazing tonight, and it makes it even harder not to kiss him and act like everything is okay.

We walk over to the dance floor and all of my friends cheer us on. If only I could tell them we weren't together.

He puts his hands on my waist and chills run down my spine. It just feels so... Right.

I place my arms around his neck and we begin to dance.

I lay my head in the crook of his neck, the scent of his cologne meeting my nose. All I wanted to do was look up and kiss him. I wanted to finish the dance and then go home and cuddle until dawn. I wanted to stay in late and watch tv with him.

But I couldn't.

He'd just hurt me again. I think.

I pull my head up to look at him, ignoring the closeness of our faces. His breaths were light and my heart fluttered at how close we were. Our noses almost touching.

He leaned in, brushing his lips against mine. I couldn't resist him, and I tried pulling away but I couldn't.

He didn't open the gap, and he still hasn't kissed me for real yet. I looked into his eyes.

The song was coming to an end, and I decided that it was worth it.

I leaned in and closed the small gap between Leo and I. His lips moved in sync with mine, and I pulled him closer to me.

It was almost as if I couldn't pull away. Everything felt right.

The song ended, but his lips were still on mine. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

••

After the prom/

Leo and I walked out of the building, hands interlocked, but eyes wandering.

It was a bit awkward after the amazing kiss, but the silence was nice.

We got into his car, and he started it.

"Should we, um, talk about it?"

"How about we just do it again?" He replies.

The kiss lightened up his eyes, and they didn't seem as sad as they were before.

"Leo, I-"

He stops me and puts a finger against my lips.

"I know you want to kiss me."

I hate it when he reads my mind.

He connects his lips to mine and puts his hand around my waist.

My hand wrap around his neck, and he continues to kiss me.

I pull away.

"It can't be that easy. We can't just kiss and make up, Leo."

"Why not?"

My eyes fill with tears.

"Because I'm hurt Leo. I'm hurting because of what you did. I'm self conscious, and I'm not confident in myself anymore. I wasn't enough for you two weeks ago, how could I be enough for you now? I can't give you what you want, and you should be with someone who can."

( she's saving herself :)))))

(He knowsssss bc they talked about it)

His eyes tear up.

"Andrea please... I know I hurt you, and I'm so so sorry that I did. I regret it every day. I regret it every time I see you, every time I see her, every time I do anything. I'm always regretting the mistakes I made. Andrea, I need you more than I need anything. I can't live without you. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone in my life Andrea, and I need you to know that I will do anything to show you that we should be together. We are meant for each other An..."

His hand brushes my cheek and he wipes away falling tears.

I take his hand and interlock my fingers with his.

"Okay..." I whisper. "Show me."

He kisses me for the third time today, but something was different. I wasn't upset, or crying, or doubting our relationship. I was happy to be kissing him, and I was ready to be with him.