Chapter Two: A New Start

Chapter Two, A New Start:

Artemis' P.O.V.:

"Andy?" I asked holding my stomach as the plane gave another lurch causing me to swallow bile.
"Yes dear?" She asked looking a little worried as I clutched my stomach.
"Do you have a stomach soother potion on you? I'm starting to feel sick." I asked turning my head slightly. Andy's eyes widened so I must have looked quite a sight. Quickly, she started to search in her bag for the aforementioned potion and I looked up when she called me.

"Here you are Arte dear. Drink this in one gulp, it may taste slightly bitter." Andy said to me handing me the potion vial.
I nodded and downed it in one gulp and handed back the vial, then rested my head back on Siri's shoulder. While tightening my arms around Teddy as he slept soundly in my arms. I must have fallen asleep because I woke to Siri gently shaking me awake. Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I heard the intercom state that we had finally arrived at Port Angeles. Once Sirius had taken Teddy out off my arms, I stood up and stretched my aching muscles, I turned to take Teddy back and place him on my hip as I followed Arthur off the plane, Sirius not that far behind me.

Once we got off the plane we went to the luggage bay to collect our bags. Sirius pulled my suitcase as well as his own, as he wouldn't let me pull my own with the baby on the way. By that time Teddy had woken up from his nap and was looking around with wide curious eyes. I noticed that his hat had started to slip off of his little head and quickly straightened it to hide the tip of his hair that had turned a bright shade of pink.

After everyone had collected their bags, we walked outside with Fred and George glaring at any man who looked at me. 'My Veela allure must be acting up again,' I thought with a sigh. When we got onto the pavement outside I noticed a salesman standing beside two red Citroën DS4's, and watched Sirius curiously as he brought not one but both of the cars.
"Mummy." I heard Teddy ask me and smiled down at him.
"Yes, Teddy?" I asked.

"Cwars." Teddy yelled happily pointing at where Sirius was standing next to the two cars and was beckoning us over.
"That's right Teddy. Well done." I praised my little godson happily as he bounced excitedly in my arms.
"Why did you buy two cars dad?" I asked Sirius. Sirius smiled happily at my use of the term 'dad' before answering.
"Well you know I taught you how to drive before we came here?" Sirius asked and when I nodded he continued. "Well one car is for you, Fred and George to use to get to school and the other is for me, Arthur and Andy to use and plus we won't all fit into one car without using magic." Sirius explained as he took Teddy off of me and strapped him into his car seat as Arthur, Fred, George and Andy put the luggage into the boot of the two cars.
Once Teddy was strapped in I climbed into the back of the car while Sirius climbed into the driver's seat and Andy into the front passenger seat as Arthur, Fred and George climbed into the other car. Sirius pulled out of the car park and drove us off towards our new home and our new life.

It had been a few days since the mismatched family had arrived at their new home. A beautiful mansion with stone walls coloured in a fresh cream stood in between a few large oak trees that stood at a slight distance from the forest entrance that surrounded the house. Roses of different varieties sat along the windows and across the large front garden creating a scene Artemis had no doubt would be perfect in a Childs fairytale. Vines ran up the cream coloured walls stopping at the large bay windows where Rainbow Roses, Marguerites and Lilies spread in a variety of colours.

Throughout the house pictures of loved ones now covered many of the once bare surfaces but they had been spelled to remain stationary in case any Muggles came by. The interior of the hallway was done in a soft beige and light creams bringing in much light. The living room of the house was painted in light blues with mahogany wooden beams along the ceilings giving it a very snug and cosy feel to the room. A cream coloured carpet spread across the floor. A large plasma TV sat in the corner of the room that was surrounded by arm chairs, sofas and love seats in a variety of red and blues but a speck of green could be seen in the mix causing Sirius to attempt to try to change the colour declaring that no Slytherin green was going to be in any house he would be living in. He was quickly deterred once Artemis declared that green was her favourite especially that the shade of emerald as it matched the colour of her eyes so the colour stayed. In the far corner was Teddy's playpen. On the other side was a large bookcase full of books that covered the wall from floor to ceiling.

In the dining room the walls were a light cream with wooden flooring and in the middle was a large oak dining table with black leather seats that seated ten comfortably (but could be made bigger with magic) and with a high chair next to the second seat at the top of the table. The back of the room was made up of French doors which led onto the carefully laid patio in the large well cared for garden and large double glazing windows next to the doors. The kitchen was a wide open space with an island in the middle and a small table in the corner. Tiles in the colour of red and cream went along the walls and the floor was of black marble. Black granite work tops sat on top of the many mahogany cupboards.
Upstairs there were six bedrooms being used and one that was currently being used as a guest bedroom; there was also a study where Artemis, Fred and George will be able to do their homework from school. There were also three family bathrooms so there would be plenty of time for the residents to get ready in the morning without having to rush around. The master bedroom and the second largest bedroom also had an en-suite. There was also a connecting door that led into Teddy's room so that Artemis would be able to get to Teddy quickly when needed. Artemis though believed her room was the most beautiful of them all.

The master bedroom which she once thought belonged to her godfather when she first arrived quickly found that as Siri's favourite and only godchild, he had gifted the room to her. Her room was rather large, much larger than that of Dudley's second bedroom but was still small enough that the room did not feel too big. The back wall where the door that leads to the hallway was coloured in emerald again her favourite colour whilst the two side walls where white in colour with beautiful hand drawn scenery of what she was certain was the forest surrounding the house. What she loved about these walls however were all the wildlife painted in the forest from a variety of different birds, butterflies and other insects and that with just a switch of her wand everything came to life. Finally, the last wall was made up fully of glass planes that allowed her to see out back across the large back garden and towards the forest. It was a breathtaking sight.

A glass door in the middle of the glass wall led out to a balcony that had a small white table with two chairs so that you were able to sit outside during sunny afternoons. All of the furniture inside her room was made of dark mahogany like much of the other furniture around the house which blended nicely with the forest walls. Pictures of her parents sat in frames that had been placed on top of her cupboards. Up against one of the side walls stood a four poster bed with emerald green drapes. Beside the bed stood a crib ready for when the baby arrived and more baby items could be seen lying about the room in a very organized manner courtesy of the Dursley's treatment. Artemis had all ways learnt to keep everything clean and spotless unless she wanted to get on their bad side which usually led to being punished. All her Hogwarts things had been hidden in a secret compartment in the wooden chest that stood at the end of her bed. She could remember every item that had been placed in the compartment.

Feeling tears start to well up she quickly stopped that line of thought whilst blaming on the hormones from the pregnancy. Sighing to herself she wiped a stray tear from her cheek and gave a slight smile as birds flew across the wall. Quietly, she got dressed into her night clothes praying she wouldn't disturb Teddy who was already asleep in his crib. Tucking his blanket around him and placing a chaste kiss on the little boy's forehead she got into bed. Her last thought before she fell into unconsciousness was that hopefully the nightmares stayed at bay and that her first day of school would go well.

 Her last thought before she fell into unconsciousness was that hopefully the nightmares stayed at bay and that her first day of school would go well