Chapter Thirteen: A Face from the past returns

Chapter Thirteen, A Face from the past returns

Jasper smiled as he heard Teddy babbling away to Artemis on the floor above asking where he was. It had been two weeks since he moved in with Artemis and also three weeks since he had started the courting process. As Jasper showered and dressed into black jeans with a light blue t-shirt he thought back on what had happened the last few weeks.

A few days after their courting Artemis had turned six months pregnant and little Cassie had become more active making them all smile, causing Artemis's stomach to grow bigger as Cassie grew. Jasper smiled as he thought about the amount of times he had been caught just sitting next to Artemis with his hands on her stomach feeling his little girl kick. Though Jasper frowned in past anger as he thought of the number of times that Dumbledore had been seen in Forks. As Jasper dressed he took a deep breath to calm himself before he went upstairs to see his mate and son.

Once Jasper reached Artemis's door he knocked on it in warning before opening the door after Artemis had said 'come in'. "Daddy." Teddy cried from where he was sitting next to Artemis on the bed, chuckling Jasper walked over and sat on the bed so Teddy was in between him and Artemis. "Hello Teddy." Jasper said kissing the toddlers forehead causing the little boy to start giggling. "Hello babe." Jasper greeted his mate as he leaned over and kissed her sweetly on the lips.

"Hello Jazz." Artemis smiled after they had pulled back pecking his lips once more, she started laughing as Jasper moved over towards her so he was directly above her. Smirking Jasper kissed her passionately while making sure that he didn't lay on her, supporting his weight on his arms that were on either side of her body.

When Jasper pulled back Artemis was left with bruised lips and was panting slightly, satisfied Jasper moved down her body until he reached her stomach and rubbed her stomach smiling when he felt Cassie kick against his hand he leant forwards and kissed her stomach getting another kick from Cassie and a laugh from Artemis. Jasper smiled as this had become their ritual every morning and every evening before moving off of Artemis so he was settled in his original place on the bed.

"Did you sleep well babe?" Jasper asked worriedly as he took notice of the bags under her eyes. He wished that he hadn't gone hunting last night so he could have helped her.
"Don't you dare feel guilty Jazz you needed to go hunting. It's just getting uncomfortable to sleep on my back now." Artemis admitted truthfully.

"I know I needed to hunt I just don't like that I can't help you and that you're so uncomfortable." Jasper sighed. The frown was wiped off his face when Artemis took his hand kissed his cheek and when Teddy crawled into his lap, snuggling into his chest.
"Jazz it's to be expected that I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable I'm at the half way mark and Cassie is becoming more active which is a good thing it means she's developing nicely. I'm just glad I'm not throwing up anymore." Artemis smiled kissing Jasper on the lips.

They pulled back after a few minutes when they heard Teddy giggling and clapping his hands as he looked at them. Artemis smiled and shook her head pressing a kiss to Teddy's pink lips making him screech loudly and clap his hands. "Mummy." Teddy reached his arms up to Artemis who held her arms out for Teddy. "Come on then little man." she said smiling as he giggled as he crawled the short space over to her.