Chapter Eight: Destined to Fight

Chapter Eight, - Destined to Fight

"When I was born the Wizarding World was in the middle of fighting the First War that lasted for eleven years. The Wizarding World likes to classify people as Dark or Light. It's not about the type of spells you use it is what you intend a spell to do that gives you the classification as a Dark or Light Witch or Wizard. The leader of the Dark was a person who called himself Lord Voldemort. His true name is Tom Marvolo Riddle which when you move the letters around becomes 'I am Lord Voldemort'. He was a half-blood which means he had one parent who was a Pure-Blood, whose family they come from is completely magical, in this case it was his mother and one Muggle parent which means a person who doesn't have any magic in them. Basically he started this war because he despised Muggles and Muggleborns. Muggleborns are witches and wizards that are born into a family with no magical background. He wanted the wizards and the witches to rule the Muggles, basically turn them into slaves. He was very bitter towards Muggles having grown up in a Muggle Orphanage.

There, of course, were people who fought for the Light and opposed him. My parents were part of a group called the Order of the Phoenix set up to combat Voldemort and his forces. My mother was a veela, who is basically a witch or wizard with a creature inheritance and veela's have an alternative form which they can turn into if you make them too angry which is a fire bird. In the first war her biological parents who were then called the Belavounts were one of the oldest and richest veela families in France. My mother was taken from them and given to a Muggle family by the Headmaster of Hogwarts which is the magical school in Britain. Eventually they found my mother and were able to communicate with her for a short period of time. Both her biological family and adoptive family were killed at Voldemort's command. My father's parents were also murdered when he was in his final year at Hogwarts. They were an old Pure-Blood line and extremely wealthy. When they refused to join his cause Voldemort had them killed.

The year before I was born a Prophecy was made which said, 'The One with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark the child as his equal, but the child will have power the Dark Lord knows not...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies.' It could have meant me or one of my best friends, Neville. As both of our parents had defied Voldemort three times it could have meant either of us, so both of our parents went into hiding with the Fidilius Charm. The Fidilius Charm works by hiding the location of an object like the location of a home within a Secret Keeper. The Secret Keeper is the only person who can tell people where the object is. Even if you have been told the secret you will be unable to tell anyone else unless you are the Secret Keeper.

Sirius my Godfather and adoptive father was going to be my parents' Secret Keeper, but as the obvious choice they thought it would be safer to lead everyone to believe he was their Secret Keeper and use another friend to be the real one. Sirius would be the decoy while the true Secret Keeper was safe and unknown. They decided to use Peter Pettigrew. He was the weakest of their group but he had always clung to them because they were able to protect him through school. They distrusted Remus because at the time Voldemort was recruiting werewolves heavily and they knew someone close to them was leaking information to Voldemort. They thought Peter too weak to even attempt to leave their side and with the offers Voldemort was promising werewolves they jumped to believing the worst of Remus.