Chapter Nine: Fighting Destiny

Chapter Nine, Fighting Destiny:

As Artemis woke she realized she was lying on the couch. The last thing she remembered was seeking comfort in Jasper's arms and crying. She must have fallen asleep. She heard a squeal of delight, signalling that Teddy must be awake. She sat up and Jasper was there in a second. "Hi how are you feeling babe?" he asked.

"Better, how long have I been asleep?"

"Just about an hour." Artemis nodded her head and looked around. Emmett was on the ground playing with the new toys Jasper had bought Teddy. The little Metamorphmagus was squealing in delight and clapping his hands at the joy the large vampire was bringing him. A large grin spread across Artemis' face as she watched how happy her son was. She then looked to see the others were scattered around the room doing various activities.

"Do you want me to take you home Darlin'?" Jasper asked her leaning in to kiss her forehead.

"No. I think I should finish telling everyone my story. I started and I just want to get it over with." Jasper just nodded and soon she found herself back in Jasper's lap on the chair while the rest of the family sat on the large couch.

"Before you start Artemis could I ask you something?" Carlisle asked, when Artemis nodded he continued. "When you fell asleep I checked you over to make sure you and your baby were alright and I found that your heart beat was beating slower than it should and it has concerned me greatly. What I'm asking is if your family know of this and if you're taking any medication. And how it has become so slow." Carlisle asked concerned.

"Thank you Carlisle for checking us over and my family do know of this Andy was the one who prescribed me the medication as she used to work in St Mungo's the wizard hospital in London. My heart beat is slower than it should be because of what happened to me in the war." Artemis explained and Carlisle nodded in understanding and let Artemis continue. Rosalie joined her husband on the floor to listen and play with Teddy. Artemis took a deep breath and let it out before beginning.

"I think we left off at Hagrid explaining my past?" At the nods of the vampires around her she continued. "Well, Hagrid took me to Diagon Alley which is a Wizarding street that is hidden in London, that next morning. There I visited the bank run by goblins called Gringotts and I purchased all my school supplies. It is also where I received my first birthday gift, my owl Hedwig; she was my first friend and only companion while at the Dursleys. She was a beautiful snowy owl who died protecting me..." Jasper gave her a little squeeze of support and kissed her head as she continued.

"The last month with the Dursleys was anything but fun. They were so angry at me they pretended I didn't even exist. Finally when I got to King's Cross and made it onto the platform I felt like I was at last going somewhere that had to be better than what I was leaving behind. I met Ron on the train ride to Hogwarts and we became fast friends while sharing a ton of candy. I stuck close to him because I was so excited to have a friend. He kept going on and on about how horrible being in Slytherin House was and that his family was all in Gryffindor. You see at Hogwarts there are four Houses Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin. I wanted to be sorted with him so when the sorting hat, which is a charmed hat that places you in a House, wanted to put me in Slytherin I begged to be in Gryffindor and it relented."