Chapter Seven: Trouble's Brewing

Chapter Seven, Trouble's Brewing:

Escaping her mate's grasp Artemis stepped into her mates' room, the first thing she took notice of was the wall opposite the door completely made of glass that showed the many trees that marked the edge of the forest. A door was placed in the center that lead out to a balcony made of oak that shone a bright red from the sun rays that escaped the trees. Looking around Artemis smiled she could tell that her mate was very organized. A bookcase took up the whole length of one of the side walls with books from all different eras displayed; many of the books looked rather old. On the opposite wall facing the bookcase was a beautiful oak desk table with a comfortable looking padded chair also made of oak standing behind it. Artemis could just make out this week's calculus homework lying across the desk. A king sized bed with burgundy drapes sat in the center of the room with a chocolate brown rug standing underneath to protect the dark wooden flooring. Just in front of the bed stood a deep red ottoman and above it on the ceiling was a crystal chandelier that brought plenty of light into the room. Jasper watched with a smile as Arte took in the room. Finally, she turned to him with a smile. "It's beautiful Jaz," Artemis commented as she went to look at the many books upon the bookshelf.

"Thank you," Jasper replied letting out a relieved sigh. He had been worried that Artemis wouldn't like the room; he had brought the bed especially with his mate and Teddy in mind knowing that they would need somewhere to sleep. Glancing at the sleeping Teddy sprawled across the bed drew a smile to Jasper's face. After a few minutes of watching Teddy sleep Jasper suggested that they head back down and that he and his family will hear if Teddy wakes up.

As they descended the stairs Jasper saw Carlisle and Esme waiting to greet them at the base of the stairs. "Hello Artemis. I'm Carlisle and this is my wife Esme, it is great to finally meet you as we have heard so much about you." Carlisle said politely. Artemis smiled politely back at them.

"Hello Dr. Cullen, Mrs. Cullen it's great to meet you as well and thank you for inviting me into your home." Artemis said making Jasper smile proudly at his mate.

"Please dear, call us Esme and Carlisle and thank you and you'll always be welcome here. And if you don't mind me asking who was that cute little boy and why did he look like the both of you?" Esme asked curiously. Knowing all of his siblings would be listening in now Jasper answered.

"That was Teddy Esme. He's our son and before you say anything he is Arte's Godson and adoptive son as I told you. Earlier today when I went to their house Teddy called me 'daddy' when he saw me and nobody told him to and he has been calling me that all day and I love him and Arte's unborn baby as if they were my own. And as for why he looked like the pair of us is because he is a wizard and some wizards and witches like Arte can change their appearance for example hair and eye colour and the shape of their noses. They are called Metamorphmagus and it is passed down through the family. Teddy got it from his biological mother and Arte got it from her biological father and her veela side from her mother." Jasper answered shocking his family by how much he knew and making Artemis giggle. Making Jasper, Carlisle and Esme look at her questionably.