Chapter 2 - Calls

*Janessa's POV*

Ashton got a call from "Cal" on his phone about two hours after I got to my hotel. I didn't want to pick it up because I had no idea if the call was confidential or not. I wouldn't want Ashton answering my phone calls, so I didn't answer his.

I thought that "Cal" was probably short for Calum who was the bassist in Ashton's band. Why would Calum be calling, though, if he was with Ashton and knew that Ashton didn't have his phone? Maybe Ashton just thought he couldn't find his phone, and Calum was calling it to find it. Newsflash: they weren't going to find it, at least not anywhere near Ashton.

"Cal" called again after a minute or two. If he had something really important to say, he'd leave a message, so I let it go to voicemail.

The call about five minutes later came from "Mikey," which was probably short for Michael, their guitarist. Again, I let the call go.

Seconds later, Ashton's phone got a text from "Mikey." I didn't mean to read it, but when I looked to see what the notification was, I saw what the text said.

It read, "JANESSA PICK UP THE PHONE!!!"

How did he know it was me who had Ashton's phone? That was weird. I just shrugged and decided I'd pick up the phone he next time someone called it.

There was a call after a few seconds, from "Mikey." I answered it this time, and from the other line, I heard, "THANK GOD" in the background.

"Michael?" I wondered when I picked up the phone.

"No, this is Ashton. I'm calling my phone from Michael's phone," he explained.

"So do you have my suitcase?" I asked, wanting my suitcase back and bad.

"Yeah, and I'm guessing you have mine?" He wondered, and I nodded, then realized I would have to verbalize my response.

"Yes, I do," I answered him.

"Good. So where are you in Dallas?" He asked, but I got confused.

"Dallas? I'm not in Dallas," I plainly told him.

"Did you just leave Dallas or-" he began, but he was cut off by someone whispering in the background, "she's probably in Jackson."

"Oh my God, are you in Jackson?" He groaned.

"I am. And you're in Dallas? How did you get to Dallas? You just got off of the flight in Jackson a little while ago."

"We went on another flight after that. I don't know why we didn't just go from Atlanta to Dallas in one flight, so don't ask," he sighed, "but now I wish we would've gone in one flight, because this wouldn't have happened."

"Yeah. Why didn't you check to make sure the suitcase was yours? Mine has my name in pink cursive at the bottom. How did you not see that when you were picking it up!?" I exclaimed.

"I just saw a suitcase that looked like mine, and I figured it was mine, so I grabbed it. I didn't see any other red suitcase that looked like mine, so you probably took my suitcase first."

"Let's not put the blame on each other, okay?" I snapped, "just when am I going to get my suitcase? I only have about four outfits with me, and that's not going to last long."

"I don't have any outfits with me. They were all in my suitcase," Ashton sighed, "so I'll have to wear the same clothes until I get my suitcase back."

"You could just borrow from the other boys. The thing with me is that I don't have any girls here, so once I wear the four outfits, I won't have anything else to wear."

"That's what a washing machine is for," Ashton came back at me.

"I don't want to keep wearing the same four outfits! I want my suitcase back!" I exclaimed.

"Then help me find out a way to get them switched back!"

"How about you just fly back to Jackson, we'll exchange suitcases, then we can go on our ways," I suggested, getting frustrated.

"If you say that I can do that, why can't you just fly to Dallas?"

"Because I have a show tonight, and I have to be at the venue in less than two hours!"

"Well, if I come to Jackson, I won't get there in time, then I'll have to wait for you and I don't know if I'll be able to get a round trip flight in before tomorrow night, because I have a show in Dallas tomorrow night."

"Well, after Jackson, I'm going to Pennsylvania."

"We'll be preforming in Texas tomorrow night and the night after that, then out next show is in Michigan on the nineteenth of August. We could fly up to Pennsylvania and exchange suitcases, then I could go to Michigan."

"I guess that would work. My show in Pennsylvania is on the tenth. After that, my next show is in Ohio, on the fourteenth."

"Okay. I think this will work."

"It better. I only have enough clothes for that many days: the seventh, eighth, ninth, and the tenth. This better work out," I sighed.

"Well, I don't have my phone."

"That's because you put it in your suitcase! What idiot does that!?"

"I accidentally put it in there. Anyways, thank you for, you know, working this out. And I'm sorry I took your suitcase," he apologized.

"It's alright. At least you didn't take my other bags. I'll see you in a few days," I was about to hang up, but I was waiting for him to say goodbye too. I didn't want to be rude.

"Okay, seen you then. Goodbye," he quickly said and hung up. I hung up his phone and put it back in his bag.

I sighed and sat on my bed for a while. Oliver and I soon left for the venue of my show that night.